“excellent all around”

Ranked #51 of 430 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 July 2013

this by far is one of favorite places to eat. It is a little pricy for the food is well worth it. the service is excellent, as well as the atmosphere. The store is a great to shop in while waiting for your table and the selection of things to buy is great. There are hand games on each table to entertain the kids while waiting on food. The burning fireplace gives the place an "at home feel".

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This place is always busy, as it is right on I-35. I think the draw must be the shopping for tourists passing through, as I do not think the food alone would cause such popularity.
They have several items I really like, such as the grilled chicken salad with sourdough croutons. This time I ordered another favorite, a chicken salad sandwich with a side of soup, fries, or whatever. I had the steak fries, which were good. My complaint, although not something to raise a fuss over, diminished my enjoyment considerably. A wonderful chicken salad sandwich, if served on grilled sourdough bread, needs to be served immediately, and not left to make the bottom slice of bread soggy. It was so wet that it was hard to eat. Since an order cannot always be delivered immediately, management would do well to consider letting the diner put the chicken salad on the bread and avoid that problem.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We do enjoy Cracker Barrel and have dined at Cracker Barrel's all across the nation. They're fun (the store) and the food is good and in our experience service is always outstanding. Our favorite meal to eat out is breakfast and Cracker Barrel offers a great breakfast menu. It is all simply delicious.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

During the course of the weekend we had the opportunity to have several meals at this Cracker Barrel. At lunch on Saturday, May 4, they went to great lengths to accommodate our party of 30 - and with no degradation of service! Great staff!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Order was messed up and took about a hour to get our food and it still was not right when we got it but toi save us time we just ate the food so we could go check out of our hotel