“Surprisingly Good Value”

Ranked #36 of 411 Restaurants in Waco
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stopped here on our way out of town for lunch after having visited Baylor University. This restaurant, along with others, is located in a warehouse district and has high ceilings in what looks like an old section of a warehouse. The penne pesto my daughter had was good and the 1/2 sandwich/soup combos my wife and I had were also good. What surprised us the most, though, was the quantity of food for the money. A "1/2 sandwich" was six inches packed with fixings/meat and a cup of soup was more than 8 oz, but the prices were well under $10....$8.50 for both of us. My daughter's penne was on the slightly smaller side, but was only $6.50. Good portions, friendly service, and some great desserts make this a place we will visit again when we are traveling to Waco.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

It will be worth the effort and time to exit 335B off 35W in Waco and work your way to downtown and grab a seat at this quaint bakery and cafe. The atmosphere was charming- big high ceilings and uncluttered decor. Help yourself to the coffee with a variety of flavors--yummy! We had both breakfast and lunch and both were delish. The stuffed French toast was not too sweet, the eggs light and fluffy, and the bread tasted homemade. The soup and sandwich combo was tastyy as well with big enough portions to take home for dinner. If I had time I would have visited the gift shop upstairs.

1  Thank HappyCamper917
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great place for breakfast or lunch! I love their chicken sandwich! The bread is so good! And they always have such nice people working there!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Nice lunch or brunch spot. Coffee is serve-your-self and they have lots of different flavors. Looks like lots of homemade items.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Looking for a local place to have a Sunday breakfast, we found Olive Branch Bakery & Cafe. My daughter and I had the pancakes. Tasted like homemade, not from a mix. My picky eater thought her chocolate chip pancakes were delicious. The coffee was very good. You serve yourself and they had 5 varieties to choose from. Tried the house blend and really enjoyed it. The place is quite large with plenty of parking. Did not have to wait for a table, even on a Sunday morning after 10 am. Lots of college students and a few families. Seemed popular with the students, probably because of their great prices.