“Great Breakfast!”

Leal's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 380 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had heard about Leal's for years after moving to Waco, but I could never seem to make myself drive "over" to Woodway, which is only about 10 minutes away. I now wish I would have done it sooner. They have some of the best, and biggest, breakfast burritos I have ever eaten. If you like Menudo, they serve it every Saturday morning. Be prepared to stand in line if you go on Saturday morning, but it is worth it.

• Visited October 2013

“Absolutely the BEST breakfast burritos.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I've been eating breakfast pretty much every week at Leal's. They are practically a whole new food group. I love breakfast burritos, but these are just...well...perfect!
95% of the time I get a large sausage, egg, and cheese burrito. It's actually not spicy, unless you put red or green sauce on it. I like the red best.

They also have other breakfast and lunch items, and everything is good. Their frijoles are honestly the best anywhere.

I've eaten Mexican food all over Texas and in many other states, and there's just NOTHING like Leal's breakfast burritos!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Danny M
Gainesville, Florida
“Unpolished Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Leal's is a little out of the way place in Woodway, TX. If you didn't know about it you would probably pass it by. What a mistake that would be. It is a small family operated place that serves some of the best Mexican food we have ever had. The Chorizo, egg and cheese breakfast burrito is probably the best $3.69 you will ever spend. My wife and I had Fajita burritos for lunch one day and they were fabulous. The beef was braised rather than grilled giving it that extra layer of flavor and the chicken was terrific as well. They are only open for breakfast and lunch and closed Sundays. Their green sauce is the best ever. You will be missing a treat if you don't stop by.

• Visited April 2013