“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #251 of 379 Restaurants in Waco
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

About the only thing good during my visit was our waiter. In fact, all the servers seemed to be trying their best. Now, for our food...we hadn't been to Outback in several years and I was surprised how it had gone downhill. We always enjoyed the hot bread and butter they bring to the table. I don't know when it changed but the bread wasn't served hot. It was room temperature. And it was dry. Our cup of butter was less than half-full. When we asked for an additional cup they brought one that contained rock-hard butter. We used the steak knife to try to dig the butter out but it just crumbled and we couldn't spread it. That was the end of us "enjoying" our bread.

My husband's pork was good but he said the rice had an awful flavor. He didn't eat any of it. My steak was tough and undercooked. The coconut shrimp was good but they only brought me a token amount of marmalade to dip it in. Seriously, the cup was about 1/8th full. I had to ask for an additional one.

So, again, the service was good and I feel the servers really try. The food...sub par. Outback used to be a great place to eat. No more. We will go to other restaurants in the future. There are plenty around.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Texan076

Waconia, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't go back again! Bombed their second chance!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ordered sirloin with the crab augratin today. The topping on the crab was so salty it couldn't be eaten. My husband got the 8 oz. sirloin and it was full of grizzle. Baked potato was cold. On our prior visit we got the Victorias filet and it was all grizzle!

• Visited July 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not impressed - go to Longhorn a few doors up”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stopped for dinner after a day of sight seeing. Got sat quickly. Sat in a 2 person booth that was extremely close and tight. Lindsay D was our server and did a very good job except for charging us $3 for a glass of water. I got the sirloin and shrimp. Both were extremely small. Only 4 shrimp. Steak was a bit tough. My son's steak was not cooked as requested and had to be sent back. Like I said, not impressed and wont go back again while in town.

• Visited July 2014
Waco, Texas
“People wonder why chain restaurants close.......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I once was a regular to this restaurant. Back then, we were given personal service and the food was good. On my recent visit, we ordered Mexican martini's and were told they only had 2 strainers; we had three canisters. Then the waitress asked if we could share one strainer as she needed one of them at another table; leaving us short 2 strainers. Then they ran out of martini glasses. I couldn't understand why someone wasn't washing dishes. They have also recently changed the menu. I ordered my husband the aussie chicken cobb salad to go. When I got home, it was a dinner salad with grilled chicken. This was not the description on the menu. Two of my fellow dinners ordered the salmon as did I. However, their salmon was overcooked and looked nothing like my salmon. I can certainly say with matters the way they currently are at Outback, I certainly won't become a regular again. Management at this restaurant better step it up, or this Outback will be the next chain restaurant to close in Waco.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank CLF49
Lorena, Texas
“Terrible way to celebrate Anniversary.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went to Outback for our 39th Anniversary. Thought a nice steak in a nice steakhouse would be great. WRONG. No croutons on salad, cold baked potato. My steak was dry but my husbands so full of grissel it was uneatable. Ask for steak sauce they brought it in a small dish barely enough for one steak. We paid and left and won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!