“Cool atmosphere ”

Jake's Texas Tea House
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Waco
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Description: 1940's vintage gas station themed restaurant. We serve a large menue with a fun family atmosphere.
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first time to come here. I heard about Jake's through the town and I had to try it out. I never get to eat here because of the hours of operation but today was different. I had a chicken fried steak and mash potatoes and corn. The chicken fried steak was like every other one I have had. I'll pick a different side then corn next time I go. It wasn't too sweet, but the mashed potatoes were delicious. The gravy was very bland. I just wanted more potatoes. Overall the place was good and the atmosphere was cool. They had old signs everywhere.

There are newer reviews for Jake's Texas Tea House

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled up on this place in downtown Waco, and glad we stopped in for lunch.The decor is old timey car, oil, and garage motifs. A fun place to eat for the whole family! Kids meals are served in a car-shaped box that they took as a keepsake. We had catfish, burgers, and homestyle veggies served family style. All was delicious! Will be back when we're in town again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our first time for dinner. You pick a meat from about 6-8 choices and they bring out sides family style with rolls, hushpuppies etc. Meats were anything from pork chops to catfish, pot roast to meatloaf. Atmosphere is everything old automotive. Clean, excellent service and food was pretty darn tasty.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great food and service. Breakfast is great, lunch is great, dinner family style is great. Service is better than good. I haven't been for Elvis night nor Marilyn Monroe night but it sounds like fun. This is homestyle cooking with a lovely downtown venue.

1  Thank Nannerdoodle
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently ate at Jake's Texas Tea House and was served some of the most delicious chicken tenders. There were 3 really huge chicken tenders all white meat. The sides were served family style because it was a Friday evening, homemade mashed potatoes, black eyed peas, green beans and salad made fresh at the table. The desserts were difficult to choose because they all looked so good. I chose Reese's pie that was creamy and delicious. My husband chose a German chocolate pie that was equally as good. There is a wide selection of beer. We sat in a Ford Fairlane that had been cut to accommodate patrons. It is a wonderful family owned restaurant in downtown Waco. We will go back often. Next time I am going to try the bread pudding. Yum!