“I love the history about the restaurant”
Review of Elite Circle Grille - CLOSED

Elite Circle Grille
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

my husband ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and I had a side order of macaroni and cheese. the macaroni was cooked perfectly, el dente not mushy. when I get back to Waco, I'll go there again because the history of the location was fascinating. I'd like to spend more time learning about it.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We met with family here for brunch. The service was excellent, the atmosphere clean and comfortable. I had eggs, biscuits, gravy, and fresh fruit. All done perfectly to order. Restrooms were very clean. Highly recommend this historic restaurant!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

11 year old gave 2 thumbs up and would like to go again. Food good nothing spectacular. Neat that the cafe has been around sice 1919.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

While on a trip, a friend and I chose this restaurant because we wanted to eat at a local iconic Waco establishment. We looked at the menu, read up on it, and decided to try it. It's a very big place. Lots of interesting old 1940s/1950s photograph pictures on the wall. We were promptly seated and waited on. We had a very nice waiter. We started with the Shiner Bock Onion Rings. They were delicious. When you bite into them, they bite cleanly so that the onion doesn't come out and all you're left with is breading. We didn't want to overeat because we had a race in the morning so my friend ordered chili and a baked potato, and I ordered chili and a house salad. Fresh rolls with coconut butter (coconut added to butter) came to our table. The chili was spicy which I love. It was thick and rich, not too tomatoey My salad was made up of mixed green, cheese, tomato wedges, croutons with a choice of dressings. I had the bacon vinaigrette. It was a pleasant restaurant, and while the food wasn't knock your socks off, it was tasty and filling with prompt and friendly service.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely ambiance, good service, cool history, and great bar. The Shiner Bock Onion Rings are excellent. The chicken fried steak is huge. I had the Baby Spinach Salad with grilled shrimp and it was perfect...and I am picky. They say Elvis ate here. They even have an Elvis room, and an Elvis sandwich. All in all, a great experience.