“If it was good enough for Elvis ...”
Review of Elite Circle Grille - CLOSED

Elite Circle Grille
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Walsall
“If it was good enough for Elvis ...”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The restaurant has character, and a history dating back to 1919. Old photographs are mounted on the walls – 1940s/1950s pictures of the diner – and there is an Elvis room, with pictures of the singer, acknowledging the fact that he ate at the Élite, and came to nearby Fort Hood for military service in the late 1950s.

We thought the food was good, with reasonable vegetarian choice. The staff were friendly and our order arrived promptly. The restaurant is somewhat noisy, however, having a tiled floor. This is slightly mitigated by the seating, which is mainly in alcoves.

• Visited June 2014

Waco, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing service and average food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were a large party--Wacoans and out of towners. We asked before ordering for quicker service. A bowl of soup took 20 minutes to get to the table. Never again!

• Visited January 2014
Georgetown, Texas
“The Whole Ballgame”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

From the time we walked in to leaving, it was just okay. To begin with, something delayed our waiter and we did spend a little idle time waiting to order. This is not good when you need to get back on I-35. But he did come and from that point did a good job.
Each of us ordered the King Ranch Casserole and it came with a salad. The salad was good, but our Casserole arrived before we had time to finish it. A minor point.
My wife thought the casserole was great and I thought it struggled to make average.
Depending on your point of view, it is not easy on and off I-35. I think I'll let the Elite cool down before I try it again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BandaidKid
Dallas, Texas
“This place is horrible ”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Elite tries to pass off as a fancy restaurant. They do not follow through on this image. The selection is sub par and I've never been happy with any of the dishes I've ordered there. I have heard horror stories about what goes on back in the kitchen (very unsanitary!) I would NOT recommend eating here.

2 Thank Katherine S
Blaine, Minnesota, USA
“I love the history about the restaurant”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

my husband ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and I had a side order of macaroni and cheese. the macaroni was cooked perfectly, el dente not mushy. when I get back to Waco, I'll go there again because the history of the location was fascinating. I'd like to spend more time learning about it.