“Good Food, Poor service”

Bangkok Royal Thai Cuisine
Ranked #71 of 408 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I love being able to support family owned restaurants. I try to eat as these type restaurants often. I have been to Bangkok lots of times. I enjoy the food. It is fresh. It is delicious. I don't like or appreciate the horrible service. Over the years it has become worse. I only go when time doesn't matter. Unfortunately, it is still frustrating. The system in place for service makes zero sense. It appears that there is no plan. After my last experience I have decided not to go back.

1  Thank TexasRoadtripmom

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was our second visit. This time we had our son and his girlfriend with us. We got there just after 5:00 PM on a Saturday afternoon. Got seated right away and servied water. Took ten minutes for a waiter/waitress to take our order. Took about 10 minues for starters and then about 30 minutes for the main course. Food was good, but the service was just slow. We may bypass this place and head to the Mexican place down at the other end.

1  Thank George B
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is my favorite local restaurant. There are many choices with meats or tofu and there is a vegetarian menu or most entrees on the regular menu can be made veggie. My favorites are pad thai or the vegetables with the house garlic sauce. Also, the salad dressing is delicious. For curry lovers, they have a few selections which I understand are quite good. I'm just not a curry fan.

The best time to go is lunch because you get an egg roll and soup or a small salad with your entree. At dinner, you only get the entree. The owners are kind and friendly and always on site.

The only down side is the acoustics. The ceiling is high and there's nothing to absorb sound, so if crowded, it can be noisy.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were headed to a different restaurant but it had moved. We saw someone coming out of this one and he said he takes out all the time. Really good, more food than I could eat. Service was good, no problem getting our food.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and well priced. However, the service was odd. It appeared that there was only one waitress for the entire restaurant so she was running around like a crazy person seating people, taking orders, answering phone calls, and accepting money for checks. Despite her many duties, service was quicker than expected.