“Great Thai near Baylor and a short distance from I -35”

Bangkok Royal Thai Cuisine
Ranked #58 of 386 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Waco, Texas
“Great Thai near Baylor and a short distance from I -35”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

It was good to get back to this excellent Thai restaurant. Although some have mentioned that this is not a place to go if you are in a rush, we had excellent, attentive service. A great place to try so many good things especially if you are comfortable sharing different items.Especially like the glass noodle salad and the Panang curry. The shrimp fried in a wonton sheet is a must appetizer...#5, I believe. Beer - Wine list adequate. I enjoy this place more in cooler seasons because the AC is marginal for Texas and my personal preference. That said , very attractive decor. The freshness of every selection is welcome into today's world of fast food. As with most authentic Thai restaurants spicy really means spicy, but menu is well demarcated as to degrees of heat. Great owner who is usually on site .

• Visited August 2014

“Take Your Time”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I love the food here. It's very fresh and very delicious. My favorite is the Bangkok Cashew but everything I've had has been good. Others have mentioned, but I'll say it again. Don't go here in a hurry. Just relax (they have a very relaxing atmosphere) and take your time. You are getting out of here in a rush, so just enjoy it!

Visited August 2014
“BEST THAI FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The food at Bangkok Royal is delicious. Have been in Waco for 5 days and have eaten at B/R 2 times. NOTE: Ginger chicken soup and salad with peanut dressing , made the way it is at this restaurant , are 2 Thai dishes that I had never had before. We ordered Green Curry, Bangkok Chicken with pineapple and sweet and sour chicken. Sweet and sour chicken was not deep fat fried but sauteed w
ith vegetables including cucumber in a slightly sweet delicious sauce.
I plan on eating here again before heading home.
I highly recommend this restaurant. ENJOY
I must warn you that if the restaurant is busy it will take quite awhile to get your food. The lunch prices are very reasonable and the food is well worth the wait.

• Visited July 2014
Stephenville, Texas
“My first Pad Thai - and the curry was good, too”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were attending a conference across the road at the Hilton, and my friend is nuts for Thai food. I ordered Pad Thai, and it was just delicious. I'm pretty picky about what tastes good, and believe me, it was heavenly. My friends loved their food as well. I tasted the curry - so different from Indian curry - and it was delicious, too. I don't remember what our third friend had, but it disappeared pretty quickly. The service was okay, and the decor...well for a Thai restaurant in Texas, it was acceptable, lol. Give it a taste when you are in Waco.

• Visited June 2014
Walsall
“Our number 1 choice in Waco”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I think this was my favourite eating place in Waco, and we were sorry we did not have an opportunity for a return visit. We went for dinner as a party of 12 people, which enabled us to share items that we had ordered. Each one I sampled was really excellent and, being vegetarian, there was ample choice on the menu. The restaurant also served Thai beer, which was much appreciated.

• Visited June 2014