“OK MEXICAN FOOD” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant

Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 378 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“OK MEXICAN FOOD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My first meal at a Nifa's was just an ok experience. I asked our waitress if it was Happy Hour and she replayed yes it last till 6:00 so we ordered margaritas. When I received my check I was charged full price (7.50). I asked our waitress about it and her replay was (Our Happy Hour ends at 5:30). Thanks for letting me know!!!!!!!
Food was average. Red salsa was good-green was tasteless. The Nafia's Chain is not in the area where I live and that is the reason we choose to try it.
Just know that you are not getting anything special at NAFIA'S.

• Visited July 2014

Arlington, Texas
“interesting building”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had not been to a Ninfa's before. This was is in a renovated building, nicely done. It was a Sat. at noon. It was pretty busy and service was a little slow. If you don't like spicy meat or cilantro, your choices will be limited. I just got tacos and a cheese puff. The table shared a queso. To my taste the queso and beans were very salty. I did not think the food was any better than fast food Mexican. The others seemed okay with that, which is why the average rating.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank BVCTx
Austin
“Pricy, A Lot of Food and Mediocre Service ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

First of all, who eats that much? They could easily lower their prices if they cut back on the quantity of food. The food was good but not any better than any other chain restaurant. We ordered the queso only because I was hungry and I wanted something immediately. There was the choice between the small for $7.49 and the large for $7.99. Really? 50 cents difference? The large was large but how small was the small for 50 cents less?

Our waitress was okay but when she spilled my coworker's drink, she just commented that was why she had napkins on the table.

The only plus was that it was within walking distance of our hotel and it was a pleasant evening for a stroll.

1 Thank ExpensEncounter
Miami, Florida
“OK Mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have eaten at several Mexican restaurants as I travel for business. They got my original order wrong and I had to send back. My party had mostly finished when they brought out my food. The food tasted ok but nothing out of the ordinary.

Visited July 2014
Walsall
“Best TexMex in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ninfa’s is generally regarded as the best TexMex place in town. The place has a great atmosphere, being converted from an old barn. Its popularity makes it somewhat noisy, so it is best to find an alcove if possible, if conversation is a priority.

Unfortunately, there was only one vegetarian option – vegetable fajitas – although this was excellent. Helpings are somewhat enormous: we would have settled for much less, but this seems fairly typical in Texas. We managed to leave room for sopaillas as an afters: this was quite light, and really delicious.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!