“Veggie burgers or veggie "burgers"?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cricket's Grill & Draft House

Cricket's Grill & Draft House
Ranked #18 of 379 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Walsall
“Veggie burgers or veggie "burgers"?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Veggie burgers or veggie ‘burgers’?
The Cricket Grill has the distinction of having a bar with 100 taps dispensing 100 different varieties of beer, in addition to a good range of wines and spirits. Customers are a beer menu, not just a food one. There are numerous pool tables, and the atmosphere is somewhat dark and noisy. A quieter part can be found upstairs on a balcony, which suited us better.

As with most Texan eating places, vegetarian choice was limited. The menu itemized vegetarian “burgers”, placing the term in quotation marks, as if they were not real burgers! Although I agree that the word “burger” is originally a contraction of “hamburger”, dictionary.com lists cheeseburger (without quotation marks) as an example of a burger, so we slightly resent this form of discrimination! When my “burger” arrived, it was OK – but it was a bit bland, and was improved by the addition of ketchup, which I don’t normally use. I’ve tasted much better elsewhere.

Altogether, this is a great place if you want a distinctive and characterful venue for an evening, if you want to play pool, or if you want to sample unusual beers. We’re glad we went, and we understand why it’s popular. It’s not quite our scene, however, and we much preferred the adjacent Thai place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Fort Worth, Texas
“I was starving and the menu is slim to nothing ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We sat ourselves because their was no one around. We waited for about 10 minutes without being greeted and then we finally got the attention of a staff member. I was very disappointed in the menu. I looked online, saw what I wanted to order, and nothing was on the menu that I saw. It was slim! I was stuck getting a chicken fried steak and they didn't even have mash potatoes. The sides are fries, onion rings, house salad or something else fried. Not appetizing. I won't be back to eat that's for sure. The atmosphere is great but the menu was very disturbing. I wanted to leave. They got rid of all their food that was appealing like grilled chicken, steaks, even their pastas were gone. I was just in disbelief.

Nikki B, Guest Relations Manager at Cricket's Grill & Draft House, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hi Sadie, our from-scratch kitchen specializes in fresh, never frozen USDA choice burgers and handcrafted sandwiches. We also offer a selection of appetizers, salads, tacos and entrée baskets. If you were looking for something on the healthier side (but still filling), our Greek Grilled Chicken Skewers or South Texas Ranch Fajitas would be great choices!

We are disappointed to hear you left Cricket's unsatisfied. We strive to make every guest's experience a stellar one and encourage you to notify our staff if we can do something to make your visit better. We aren't sure where online you found an outdated menu, but when we updated our menu (based on customer demand), we tried to include a wide range of options so everyone can find something appealing. However, if you can't find something you like on the menu, we are happy to accommodate most specials requests. Just let us know!

We hope you give us another opportunity again soon. Cheers!
Waco, Texas
“You have to try this place if you come to Waco!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

They have the coldest beer on tap you can get anywhere. You name it- they have it and then some. The appetizer mix tray was the perfect size for the three of us. They have pool tables and a indoor smoking room. Come on by and give it a try, you wont be sorry.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Waco, Texas
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Visited memorial weekend-Friday . Great selection of drinks and a really unique food menu. But the service really won us over. Staff very attentive to our children which was a pleasant surprise considering the college crowd. Try the tacos! Especially the fish tacos.Games, pool.... We had a great time. This is a very large place with a relaxing atmosphere.

Visited May 2014
Nikki B, Guest Relations Manager at Cricket's Grill & Draft House, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Wilfred, we're so glad you and your family stopped in last weekend! The fish tacos are new to our menu and we're happy to hear you enjoyed them. We hope to see you all again soon!
Waco
“Used to be good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had been a fan of Crickets since it opened nearly 17 years ago, but it has taken a nosedive in the service area. The food has been hit or miss, more recently it seems to have been improving, but the waitstaff in the bar area needs some serious training on how to wait on customers. On two recent occasions I have been completely ignored by the server to the point where I got up and left, even after asking if someone can take my order. Used to love the place, now it is off of my list of places to go locally.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nikki B, Guest Relations Manager at Cricket's Grill & Draft House, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We are sorry to hear we've let you down and would like the opportunity to make this right. We appreciate your business and want to make our customers happy during every visit. Please email us at cricketssocial(at)gmail(dot)com so we can get in touch with you.