“Great Food and Good Prices”

George's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #10 of 426 Restaurants in Waco
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've got nothing bad to say about George's. My son and his wife, who live in Waco, suggested it for lunch. The margaritas are great, the "Bear Bite" appetizers we had were wonderful, and all our lunch selections from salads to chicken fried steak were excellent. Prices were also very reasonable. My only question after our meal was why hadn't they taken us to George's before. We will be back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

It is a little difficult to navigate to off the highway, and then find a parking spot, but we'll worth it. As a hint - their catering office is across the street and you can park there as an overflow area.

Separate smoking and non-smoking rooms keep everyone happy. It is everything you anticipate - plenty of burgers and fried food items. All fresh and tasty. We had CFS, 'Cry-baby' burger (jalapeños and jalapeño bun) both with onion rings which were fantastic.

Energetic dining area, a few TVs with sports, and plenty of water staff to keep drinks filled. Overall a great stop on the way Dallas to Austin. So much better than the chain restaurants.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We are lunch at George's last week. It has a really fun college town feel to it. Great food at a good price and a little something for everyone.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is one of the most popular restaurants in Waco. It's a local place with plain old simple food. Nothing trendy or overpriced because of the chef. The daily specials add value, but I'll eat there every time I am in town. I couldn't recommend it more highly, if you're looking for Mom's cooking. A bit crowded at dinner time, so get there early!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been coming here since i was in college at Baylor 20 years ago. The food is always great and there isnt a colder Big O beer in Texas! Bring lots of people each year that have never been and they all love it. Keep up the good work!

Been to George's Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!