All reviewstraffic circletexas roadhouseelite cafefront deskhealth campoutdoor poolroom keywafflesroom was cleanhotel is greatminute drivewithin walking distancenext morningnice staywould stay here againbaylor universitywould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff especially Tamara who , though hotel was booked on Baylor Family Weekend, found us a room reserved by management for emergencies-which this was-and got our family in on a very rainy night.

Room Tip: We thought that 4th floor was great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
CSWaco, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent trip to Waco. Your feedback helps us provide a better experience for your future stays and for our future guests. As fellow traveler, I can understand your frustration in paying more for a hotel stay than what you would normally expect. Room rates increases and pre-payment requirements are indeed a reflection of event periods, not only for our hotel, but for most others, whether it be in Waco or in other cities. We certainly try to be clear about pricing and reservation terms during the booking process so that you can make an informed decision. In any case, our goal is to provide you a good value compared to what you would otherwise find on a given date in our local area.

We noted your request for adjoining rooms. Unfortunately, only our Accessible rooms actually connect and none were available. Therefore we attempted to meet your special request as best we could by assigning you rooms next to each other. We hope you were not terribly inconvenienced.

Thank you also for sharing your tip on a room location to best enjoy a peaceful stay. We hope your family had an enjoyable overall weekend and we hope to be able serve you again the next time you are in Waco.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We asked for the 4th floor, not near the elevator and got a great quiet room. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, A/C worked great LoL....Very helpful with directions and where to go. The person checking us in was great. My husband likes to goof around and she gave it right back. Fun check in. They had a happy hour and a pretty good breakfast. Yes I would recommend.

Room Tip: Go for the 4th floor.....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
CSWaco, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you staying with us and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed a restful stay in a cool (important in triple-digit Texas heat), quiet suite. While sometimes it's not feasible to keep adding amenities to the hotel, it never stops us from enjoying the company of our guests, whether it be at check-in, happy hour or breakfast. We are planning on upgrading our bedding over the next few months so we are excited to be able to provide a better stay. The 4th floor is indeed a great area for a peaceful stay so I'm sure fellow travelers will appreciate your tip. We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Waco. Have a Suite Day!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. Not disappointed. Staff very friendly and helpful. Because it's close to I-35W and lots of customers, our stay on top floor (4) was a good choice. Quieter. Breakfast was plentiful and timely but nothing unique.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Our team is delighted to learn that you had a great stay. While we could sit here and tell you all day long that we're a great hotel, I'm glad you took your peers' opinions into consideration to try us out and that you found them to be reasonably accurate. The top floor does indeed tend to be quieter so that's a great tip for future guests. We are already dreaming up ways to continue improving breakfast to separate ourselves from similar hotels so stay tuned!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Hotel is in a great location. Not to far to everything. the room was very nice. Great bed, cold a/c. Breakfast was a notch above the normal CS breakfast.
Now, the hotel is 4 star but Tamara, the guest service manager was 5 star. Probably the best service I have ever had at CS. Thanks Tamera, for a great stay! We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garry H
CSWaco, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience our hotel with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad that you had a great overall experience. While it's true that other hotels have similar or more luxurious facilities, we focus on delivering a great stay by providing outstanding service and ensuring that we excel at the things can control. Tamara is a great role model on our team and we are privileged to have a staff that enjoys providing great hospitality to our guests. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites while in Waco for 2 days. I really enjoyed it. I was driving in from about an hour away, and this place was right off the freeway. I found it easily enough. The room was very spacious. We had two queen beds in there, as well as another area where there were two couches. At one time we had at least 10 people socializing in that room and definitely did not feel squished.

They had complimentary breakfast every day. I was expected the usual continental crap, but instead we got bacon, eggs, waffles. It was a pleasant surprise. To my knowledge they didn't serve lunch or dinner, but that didn't matter to me as we were away most of the day and ate elsewhere.

I didn't use the pool or gym, so I can't say anything about that. I did use their "business center," which was really just a few computers and a printer. But it wasn't a problem because all I wanted to do with that was print my boarding pass - I used my ipad for everything else. Oh, and they have free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Martian181
CSWaco, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We are indeed a great place to be able to gather in rooms since every room is a suite. Our hotel does not have a restaurant for lunch or dinner. However, five great restaurants are in walking distance to the hotel, and as you mentioned, most guests are out & about during the day anyway. We like to start you off with a great breakfast so you can enjoy your activities in Waco. Some of our guests have told us that WiFi is more important than having a bed in their suite! We are glad that you had a good experience with your iPad and were easily able to print your boarding pass in our business center. Hopefully, the next time you're in town, you'll get to utilize the pool and gym. Happy travels.