“Great place for families of BU students”

Comfort Suites Waco
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I am a student at Baylor and this is the only hotel my family stays at when they come to visit me. It is always clean, the rooms are large and can even accommodate me when I want a night out of the dorms! Breakfast is good, better selection than most other continental breakfasts offer, and the location is perfect-only 5 minutes from campus at the most. My parents found this hotel during welcome week, and have always booked here when they come to Waco.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 December 2009

Traveled to Waco to have Christmas with Sisters from different parts of Texas. Wow what a nice room. I picked from internet and received a 15% discount. We had a room on the first floor close to a side entrance. This was just what we wanted and made our stay in Waco for Christmas PERFECT!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2009

One of the best hotels i've stayed in across America i traveled for two months and this hotel was by far the nicest. The room was huge, as were the beds and a modern bathroom. the pool was very clean and maintained many times while i was there. The staff from management to cleaners ,made you feel so welcome and nothing was to much trouble. The breakfast was big and healthy catering for all needs. This hotel may be the cleanest ive ever stayed in, never a stain, spillage or dirt anywhere. the decor is modern and homely. Enjoy your stay there, I did.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
VinceYoungFan, Manager at Comfort Suites Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2009

Thank you for the kind and candid review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay enough to tell others and hope to see you again the next time you're back in the US. Perhaps we can learn a little more about "real football" from you.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

We are regulars at this motel. We dropped our son off for his freshman welcome week at Baylor. The manager was in the breakfast room and ask if everything was ok in our room.
I mentioned that the shower did not have much pressure. The manager personally changed out the the shower head. The maintenance man was off. The front desk and other staff are always very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your review. It was a pleasure meeting with you. I apologize again for not having great shower pressure to begin with, but am glad that you were able to fully enjoy the accommodations once I got it repaired. We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and look forward to being your home when visiting your son for years to come.

Reviewed 25 May 2009

The hotel was very clean and the clerks are always courteous and helpful with any requests of guests or passersby as observed in person on my last trip. The staff always have greeted me with a broad smile and ask is there any thing else I need or want at the hotel. The hotel is close to both name brand restaurants and local favorites. Some of both are within walking distance without driving. It is close to a large university and staff is familiar with both city and the university.
I have stayed at this hotel 5 or more times in past 7 months.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I stayed here a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVED the hotel! The front desk staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to ensure that I had everything I needed! The breakfast is always hot and out before the 6:30 start time, which is great for those early morning travellers. They also have hot coffee and fresh fruit in the lobby, which is definately a welcome sight. I reserved a room with a King sized bed and was amazed when I walked in! Right away, the first thing I noticed was the size of the rooms. They were bigger than most of the other hotels I've ever stayed at. The sofa made out into a full-size bed, and all rooms come with a microwave and a refrigerator. One thing that people haven't commented on (or maybe didn't notice) was that the a/c unit isn't controlled by the window. There is a thermostat on the wall by the bed, which makes me feel a little more at home. It is within walking distance to a steakhouse, Tex-Mex cuisine, burgers, the famous 'Elite' grill, bbq, and some authentic Mexican food (locally owned and operated-not franchised)... The steakhouse and Tex-Mex offer a 10% discount if you show them your room key, which I thought was a nice added bonus!

I loved my stay and will definately be back!

Thank you so much for all of your help!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank l0vinlife21
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Stayed here to attend an athletic event...It was extremely clean, but it was expensive. This hotel was quiet and comfortable. The continental breakfast was terrible. I don't know where else we could have stayed in Waco. They would not accept our AAA or AARP because we were staying as part of a group???? OK. It wasn't like we received a special deal, believe me. Anyway, stay here if you want a clean, comfortable room, and if you do not mind paying more than you should have to.

Location is on a "Roundabout", which was kind of a pain to get to if you overshot the hotel drive, so watch for the driveway!

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
VinceYoungFan, Manager at Comfort Suites Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2008

We are glad that you found our hotel to be very clean since cleanliness is always one of our top priorities, but are sorry that you that the free breakfast experience was unsatisfactory. Was it a matter of food selection, quality of food or quality of service that you found to be below expections?

Regarding price: The "group rate" had been agreed upon by the event coordinator, which we honored throughout the stay for attendees. While portions of the stay under the "group" rate weren't much of a discount, on other nights during the event, the group rate actually provided a substantial discount from other published rates. Our hotel also provided complementary lodging for volunteers of the event, so while you may not have directly benefited in terms of a fantastic room rate, hopefully, the event was able to keep prices low for attendees as a result of our sponsorship.

We always strive to remain competitive to other hotels in the area regarding price in comparison to the quality of accommodations & service. While guests will always be able find less expensive hotels in the area then ours, we rarely charge higher than hotels that are considered substantially more luxurious in our area.

As for the traffic circle, since it is a landmark of Waco, we are happy to hear that your survived it and hopefully, over time, you will remember it as a unique experience. We hope your overall experience in Waco for the event was enjoyable. If we can help with anything further, please contact us at the hotel.