“Super spot for lunch”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Freshly prepared tabouli and Greek salad. Superb spanakopita and hummus. A trio plate with 3 "sides" was $9.99. Would definitely go back (or do take-out). Go knowing the place itself, while clean, doesn't offer much in the way of ambiance.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great little find in Waco. Really of the beaten track but well worth it. Very downscale interior but the Greek salad was great especially with very good gyro meat. The humus wrap was different and not to my taste--pickles in the humus. If you have time there is a Free Trade store across the street with great coffee and gifts.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This place has the BEST food I've had while in Waco. Parking can be a problem and sometimes it takes awhile to get the food, but it is definitely worth the wait. :-)

1  Thank CH772013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Med. Grill is a great place for fast Greek food. The gyros are excellent, but the salads and houmus run a close second. Fr4esh vegetables characterize the food and the meat for the gyros is good enough to eat by itself. Parking can be a problem and the restaurant is small. But any wait is worth it.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I was looking for a new place in Waco and read reviews about this place. It is definitely off the beaten path for the traveler passing through Waco, but worth the stop. The neighborhood might leave some feeling a bit uneasy, but when you go during the day it removes some of the nervousness.

The building itself is not elaborate and when you walk in you might wonder what kind of experience you are in for. I had they gyro platter with tabouli and hummus. The meat was good and I've found that meat from one Mediterranean restaurant to another doesn't change much. However, the sides and desserts are what make the difference. Both the tabouli and hummus were excellent!! They were flavorful and moist which was very nice. Many years ago I had a family member who went to Greece and learned to cook baklava from a family there. The recipe and the knowledge has been lost so I've been on a search for 15 years. I finally found what baklava should taste like ... moist, sweet, fully of nutty goodness ... not dry and pasty like most restaurants I've been to ... WOW!!!!

The service is the major downfall. When I arrived a woman was in front of me placing her order. In the middle of her order the phone rang and the woman at the front counter immediately switched her attention to the phone. ?!?!??!?! Leaving the poor woman in mid order. Once off the phone the woman at the front counter picked up with the in person customer. WOW ... not what I'd expect from any restaurant. I learned quickly and as soon as I stepped up I blurted out my order and not a minute to soon. She took my order, swiped my credit card and then the phone rang ... and I no longer had her attention. She never got me to sign the slip or even got back to me after the call. I decided I'd just go find a seat and see how the food was ... luckily it was worth the poor service!!

Summary - Go there for the food, but keep expectations lows about the neighborhood and the service :)