“Queso Dip”

Ranked #3 of 397 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
“Queso Dip”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was hesitant to go here because everyone said how expensive it was but I found my the portebello taco so large I didn't need more than one. I also ordered the queso and it was delicious! Many reviews have complained about the staff and I wonder if they have worked out all the kinks from just opening because I found the staff to be very helpful and nice. I would go again in a heartbeat!

Visited July 2014

Dallas, Texas, United States
“torched the cashier”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Tacos were a bit pricy bit they are big portions & a ton of choices. Fried avacado taco was good but way to many refried beans inside, brisket & Jalapeno taco was good. Black Beans were like mashed black potatoes, gross, not what I expected. Food was fast & tasted good. With the only human contact with your staff basically the cashier, I would strongly urge you to hire someone who could, Oh I don't know, SMILE!! I hear that the next door taco bell is hiring (lol).See you soon, hope you have friendlier cashier next time

• Visited July 2014
Longview, Texas
“Hard to review”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Torch's doesn't fit any niche for Mexican or taco restaurants. Food was good. Service was good. Atmosphere is ok. So, why was I not completely happy with my meal? Not sure, just didn't work for me.

• Visited July 2014
Waco, Texas
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The food is great but the service is horrible. I have been four times the past month and two of those times part of our order was forgotten. When four people go to eat lunch they should all eat at the same time. Today i took three people with me for lunch and one taco was forgotten again. We waited 20 minutes and by that time the three others were finished eating. The server finally brought the fourth taco and it was stone cold. We sent it back and waited another 15 minutes. I asked for a manager and was told there was not one on site. The bar guy asked about our problem and took care of it pretty fast. Our server could care less that a mistake was made and we needed another taco. The servers every time i have been there are like zombies and don't converse or act like they care at all.Parking is horrendous and whoever designed the front doors right where the order line is should be shot. If service stays like this i really dont think the buzz will last at Torchys. We tried sitting outside but the outdoor dinning area has very limited seating and was a river of water from the rain.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUMMY”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Do yourself a favor and order the queso,it is amazing, they even put a bit of avocado inside. And if you like it spicy try the diablo sauce, it has a huge kick.

Visited May 2014

Been to Torchy's Tacos? Share your experiences!