“It's a Zoo out there!”
Review of Cameron Park Zoo

Cameron Park Zoo
Ranked #1 of 73 things to do in Waco
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went to the zoo with my son and 2 young granddaughters. Following the map was a wee bit confusing, but we did see everything. It was quiet, and not a lot of visitors, but during the week, so that was good. If it had not been so hot, we would have enjoyed it more. However, they did have a good assortment of animals, birds, fish, etc. and a great gift shop. The restrooms were handy, and the snack areas were in a good place. My granddaughters loved it, and we enjoyed spending the day together in a place where they had fun. I would recommend this little known zoo to anyone who wants to spend a quiet day with their kids.

1  Thank Roni M

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Going...it is nice and clean. Enclosures are way too small for my taste but I hate zoos. Reasonably priced. Friendly staff. Free parking. Beautiful park surrounding it. Take the kids to the kids to the nice playgrounds in the pecan bottoms area of the park just outside the zoo.

1  Thank KDB17
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Went as a family to visit the zoo and the two kids (4 & 2) were fascinated the entire trip. Be prepared to walk a lot and hear lots of Ohhhs and Aughhs. We went during the week and it wasn't crowded and I think that is the best time to go. No food or drinks can be brought in but there are several shaded spots outside the entrance for a picnic.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited this zoo now 3 times and I am amazed each time how many people I talk to about it that say they didn't know Waco had a zoo. I'm telling you that this is a nice quiet zoo that is very well kept and will surprise you. You will find here something's that you won't see at the Ft Worth or Dallas zoo's. I personally love the tiger exhibit and the parakeet exhibit where you can interact and feed the birds. A quick drive from the cities. While you are there you can visit Cameron park and walk along the Brazos river. Great day trip.

2  Thank mark b
Reviewed 8 July 2014

At the entrance you are greeted by the singing gibbons who seem to hoot and call throughout the day. Since the zoo is basically laid out roughly in a circle, simply pick a direction and start walking. There are lots of trees so a stroll is both beautiful and pleasant. Two things stand out in my memory besides the gibbons. One is the black bear exhibit, which is filled with wild, free black vultures that apparently hang out there because of easy access to food and water. I've never seen anything like it at any other zoo. You have to see it to believe it. The other is the lionfish tank. It's a small tank with only a few fish, but the water is clear and the tank is uncluttered. I spent quite a bit of time there taking photos. My husband and I enjoyed several happy hours at this zoo and we're looking forward to visiting again.

Been to Cameron Park Zoo? Share your experiences!