““Dirty room with roaches and bugs....Horriable””
Review of Motel 6 Waco South

Motel 6 Waco South
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Fort Collins
““Dirty room with roaches and bugs....Horriable””
Reviewed 15 November 2013

So I booked my room online. I check in late around 9pm. The front desk clerk Cindy was very nice, knowledgeable and polite. In my opinion the hotel itself is set up strange. The first floor rooms access their rooms from the outside. The upstairs rooms access their through 2 doors. Very strange. My room was spacious and dirty and smelly. The bathroom was so filthy, Human hair all over the shower and bathroom floor. Just dirty!
At one point I killed several roaches. I went to pick up the phone to call the front desk, It didn't work, but even worse I looked down at the base of the phone and saw a big yellow bug. I have no idea what kind of bug, but it was big bug. I kept the lights on all night long.
Didn't get much sleep. When i did fall asleep, It was check out time. I wanted to check out of their right after I checked in. However I didn't have the extra money to waste,. I had called on my cell phone to the front desk to ask for an extended check out. I was told check out time was at noon. I asked for 12:30 and was told by another woman that it would be fine. After cleaning the bathroom myself, I hoped in the shower. While in the shower housekeeping knocked on my door. I told the woman That I was check in gout, but had permission from from desk to do late check out. After the shower another knock on the door. All together 4 different housekeepers knocked on my door. At 12;30 I started to take my bags to the car. Just as I'm getting in my car, I see the police walking over to my room with the housekeepers. WTF? They called the police on me. Really? Well I didn't stick around to find out. This was by far one of the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Monica M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a one night stay on the way to our winter home. The outside may appear to be dated, but the interiors have been renovated nicely. The floors are done in a faux bamboo, the bathroom has a nice circular shower and updated toilet. The sink is a raised bowl and the lighting very bright. Both the beds and bedding were new and matched the interior walls nicely. The only reason I have not given a 5 Star rating is because of the $2.99 charge for WiFi. Otherwise, our stay was great and we will definately be going back agsin in the future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Staying here is not going to be one of your top 10 all time moments in your life.. but you can rest your head.. get up and leave and get on with your life. It is what it is.... clean.. no thrills

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MarkS3030

Travellers are raving about these Waco hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Spent the night here on the way to Austin. The exterior looks a little dated, but the inside of the rooms was great. The room had nice bamboo floors, modular furniture, bathroom organizer and new flat screen TV. I was very impressed. All that for under $50.

Room Tip: The room on the top floor was great, stairs were a little steep though.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff B
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 9 April 2009

This is probably the most basic and stripped-down motel I have ever been to. Just a bed, a TV and a shower. Not even an alarm clock. However, the sheets were clean and the bed was alright. The rest of the room was in pretty rough shape though, and the bathroom was the same. Not very dirty, just in need of some serious renovations/repairs. This was the worst Motel 6 room I have stayed in.

I think my main issue with the hotel was the clientele. I stayed on a Friday night and the hotel was packed with some seriously seedy people who were up most of the night causing trouble. To the credit of Motel 6 they did have a security guard who was clearly on the ball, but there was no way he could be everywhere at once. I made sure the lock was on my door.

Despite the problems, the hotel was passable as a place to sleep. However, I paid $60 for two people which was the rack rate for a Friday night, and I could've got something a lot nicer on Priceline for cheaper had I had the time.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rrakoczy
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Room was very clean and quiet. However, if you are looking for beautiful furniture, bedding, etc. look elsewhere. Probably the most "stripped down", basic Motel 6 I have every been to.

Had no hot water the next morning for my shower. Asked the desk clerk if she was aware of the problems. She said she was - that the entire hotel was having a problem, but no apology was made.

• Liked — the quiet, also had a lenient cancellation policy
  • Disliked — no hot water for my shower
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
colorado springs
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Non-smoking room was covered in cigarette burns, smelled so bad. Folks were out smoking in the hallways inside the motel. Telephone was pulled out of the wall. In the morning, roaches were crawling out from behind the furniture, and air conditioner stopped working during the night. This is a pig-sty and should be torn down.
Nothing was done up front about my complaints, and I'll never go to a Motel 6 again.

• Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank catlady32