“A good transit stop”

Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Waco
New Mills, United Kingdom
“A good transit stop”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed one night en route to Dallas from Austin. It is right next to the interstate and easily accessible. It is clean and well run with friendly staff.there are bars and a large restaurant close by.
The cons are that it is close to some run down unsavoury motels which appear to attract the wrong type of people so we made sure the car was emptied of all belongings at night.
Also the desk refused to accept US Dollar travellers cheques even though I pointed out a sign on the wall stating it was company policy to accept them as payment.the desk clerk said he would have the sign removed.
All other motel 6,s I stayed in accepted travellers cheques without problem

Room Tip: Ask for round back away from traffic sounds as the I.35 is a busy highway day and night
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I thought it would be clean. I was not happy to see the dirty carpets or the long hair in the bath. No coffee maker in room. Half the tv channels were trashed. This is not up to the poor standards of Motel 6. I will not stay here again. There has to be better places. The reviews I read did not paint the picture

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Waco hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This Motel 6 is pet-friendly. I spent one night there and I found out about their pet policy when I woke up noticing a few itchy bites that I didn't have when I went to bed. I looked around in my room and noticed a couple of fleas. Before you freak out and move to the next property, please know that the management was EXTREMELY responsive. They gave me a refund and immediately sent someone to take care of it and removed the room from rotation. I have to say they really restored my confidence in this hotel chain - I had been ready to swear off Motel 6 forever, but I can understand how this would happen given their pet policy. Perhaps they will consider separating the pet rooms the same way smoking rooms are separate.

Most compelling reason to consider staying at this property in the future is that they are getting a complete refresh next month - new beds, new carpet, fresh paint. The rooms are quite large, and maybe they will get TVs that were manufactured in this century.

So overall, not a great experience - but I am confident this property is about to really improve and they certainly have a great staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are accessed by an inside hallway, so that's better for the security-c...
Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am afraid there might be some fake reviews here. Okay, a real one: This hotel clearly wasn't built as a Motel 6 - the rooms are much larger and more spacious than any stickbuilt Accor hotel I have ever stayed with. Full bathtubs; nice bathroom, lots of bag space, tables and chairs -- very comfortable. I was honestly going to give this 4 stars for a $40 room (M-Th 1 Person rate 39.99) until I had to go back to the front desk and buy internet for $3. Accor sort of does this worldwide--could be worse in England it is by the hour. All that aside this is a $60 room, it is clean comfortable, they have a pool. I consider this a score. Stay here if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: I got a king room and was very happy with the choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank neuroshrink
Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

There was a time when a person traveling down the road could find a decent place to spend the night, without spending a fortune. That time may have past. It seems decent road-side motels are increasingly becoming harder to find. I stayed overnight in Waco,TX during Spring Break. Of course, this motel 6 was the only motel remaining that night with an available room.

The check-in was simple, quick and friendly. Walking into the hallway & into our room, we encountered a thick smell of cigarette smoke that was almost unbearable. Being late at night, with no other hotel rooms available, our choice was to sleep in the car during very cold weather or in the room. Windows were screwed shut & there was no way to open them. There were Cheetos around the base of both beds, to compliment the strong smell.

Luckily, we found a nearby store that stocked air freshner, which helped but didn't eliminate the smoke smell.

After complaining verbally & by customer survey, I received an emailed apology, but no other assistance. AVOID MOTEL 6 South in Waco, if you can!

I travel often & this is the worst room I've encountered in a number of years.

The rest of Waco was great: the people, the Texas Rangers (not baseball) Museum, Dr Pepper Museum & Georges Restaurant!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Luther, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Was a nicely renovated hotel.staff was very friendly. Not a great neighborhood by no means though, looked like cops could make a lot of money busting hookers and druggies. So sad. Was definitely worth 50 dollars thanks motel 6

• Stayed February 2014
Fort Collins
Reviewed 15 November 2013

So I booked my room online. I check in late around 9pm. The front desk clerk Cindy was very nice, knowledgeable and polite. In my opinion the hotel itself is set up strange. The first floor rooms access their rooms from the outside. The upstairs rooms access their through 2 doors. Very strange. My room was spacious and dirty and smelly. The bathroom was so filthy, Human hair all over the shower and bathroom floor. Just dirty!
At one point I killed several roaches. I went to pick up the phone to call the front desk, It didn't work, but even worse I looked down at the base of the phone and saw a big yellow bug. I have no idea what kind of bug, but it was big bug. I kept the lights on all night long.
Didn't get much sleep. When i did fall asleep, It was check out time. I wanted to check out of their right after I checked in. However I didn't have the extra money to waste,. I had called on my cell phone to the front desk to ask for an extended check out. I was told check out time was at noon. I asked for 12:30 and was told by another woman that it would be fine. After cleaning the bathroom myself, I hoped in the shower. While in the shower housekeeping knocked on my door. I told the woman That I was check in gout, but had permission from from desk to do late check out. After the shower another knock on the door. All together 4 different housekeepers knocked on my door. At 12;30 I started to take my bags to the car. Just as I'm getting in my car, I see the police walking over to my room with the housekeepers. WTF? They called the police on me. Really? Well I didn't stick around to find out. This was by far one of the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo