“Great hotel for great price”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We went for Baylor visit. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Price & location were just right! Night clerk friendly & helpful. Carb-loaded breakfast. Stayed on 2nd floor; had to call the clerk to get the heat on but stayed warm & cozy from then on.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 October 2013

When we checked in to room 141 the roaches began to scurry. That was only the beginning. The rooms are dirty and reek of stale smoke. Carpets and furniture stained and greasy. We slept in our clothes the first night. We were bitten at least 10 times each by unknown insects. i took pics of anyone wants to see them. They then gave us room 236. There were fewer roaches but carpet, chair and walls were just as disgusting. That was when they called to tell us they had charged us the wrong rate and wanted to charge my card 27.00 more dollars. I asked for the
owner to call, he never did. General manager refused to give me his name. Lobby stinks of curry and dead roach on the way in. Asked for money by bums on 3 occasions in parking lot. I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel. I recommend no one ever stays here. I have filed a complaint with the Texas dept of health

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank SanAntonio_TxBigTex
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We are very happy with the service and room what a great find this place is. It is painted nice the bath rooms are upgraded and I was really suprised at the value for the price. The only compliant was the tv is a box tv not a flat screen. The mini fridge was clean and ready for use.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank nickkiew
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Wanted a motel with exterior doors. Read the reviews and decided to drive by. I guess they moved the van(previous photo review). The parking lot was clean. Our room is great. We have a king sized bed with a duvet cover(laundered between guest) more pillows than the Westin where we paid a lot more for a room. The owner was nice and accommodating. We drove around the area and it seemed safe and well kept. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzybee51
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed here on a trip from Dallas to San Antonio. Room was very clean and comfortable with a good amount of space. Internet connectivity was somewhat sporadic, but not really much of a problem. Complimentary breakfast was the usual cereal/pastry/toast with juice combo. Nothing special, but fine given the price. Only complaint was a hot rodder across the road working on a car with a loud exhaust. Guess some of that just comes with Texas. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. Office staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank morris91030
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I spent one night here 12/7/12 and it was just what I needed for my visit to Waco. The room looked as if it was recently renovated. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast left me wanting but for the price, I have no complaints. I will probably stay here the next time I am in Waco.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Raymungus
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed here in November 2012 to attend a Baylor football game. For a night or two, it's well worth it. Nothing fancy, just comfortable beds, a refrigerator that works. and everything was clean. The breakfast was acceptable, also. Really happy to find a place that was decent for a decent price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family