“Convenient to Convention Center” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Waco

Hilton Waco
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Waco
tx
“Convenient to Convention Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Was really glad to find out that the convention center was right next door and could easily walk back and forth. I had a non smoking king room on the 7th floor. Room was clean but did show some wear and tear. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed September 2012
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Good day -

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco! We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay! As it relates to the wear and tear of your guest room, we make every attempt to have our maintenance team go over the rooms on a consistent schedule. I will ensure this is communicated with them.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you back in Waco soon!

-Mike Mahoney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

FOH service was great and attentive. Room was clean and comfy. You can tell the ammenities were recently updated. AC was cold but quiet. Stayed on third floor with a great view. Nice park right across the street and the hotel is centered around a group of great restaurants within walking distance.
Front desk was knowledgeable and helpful in all areas

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Good day -

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco! We are very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and accommodating!

We look forward to your return to Waco!

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Enjoyed the location of this hotel, and the restaurant and bar were great, however, I do think their calamari was a bit too salty. The room was clean, the staff was extremely friendly, and parking was a breeze. Will definately be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Good day -

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco. We are thrilled to hear you had enjoyed your stay with us! I will be certain to pass on the information about the calamari to our chef - we always strive for consistency!

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back in Waco soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and generally been satisfied,but my recent stay was on weekend when the local Baylor University was playing its season opener home football game and the hotel was obviously fully booked and there were problems. Check-in was delayed. Our room was only supplied with one towel and no morning papers were available by time I awoke around 9 am. My guess is that this hotel is fully booked every weekend that the Baylor football team is home in the fall, so it is a bit mystifying that this hotel was seemingly unprepared.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the hotel have a better view of the Brazos river.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jrbolster
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Good day,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco!

I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not of the level of your previous stays. We absolutely strive for consistency no matter what our level of occupancy is. During football season we do send emails to our guests that could be affected by the team's late check out. I certainly apologize if this had not been communicated to you. Also, we order a limited number of newspapers due to Hilton's new "Digital Newspaper" that is available on our complimentary wireless connection.

I will certainly take your comments and use them as a training tool so we can improve on all areas! Thank you again for your time.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Located on the river, walking distance to a playground. Outdoor pool and private walking and sitting area. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. A desk but no table in the two queen room. Would have liked thicker pillows. I had to use three down ones to get the thickness I needed. The mattresses were too soft for my taste.

• Stayed August 2012
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Good day -

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco! Upon your next visit, please let us know of your pillow preference and we would be happy to send a different type to your room!

Thank you so much for the time and we hope to see you again soon!

Brenham, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I'll preface this review by stating that I frequently stay at Hilton properties, and have always been satisfied with the quality of the stays. Often, I've written comments regarding special employees and excellent service. This is my very first negative review, after 12 years of Hilton stays.
In fact, my initial impression of this hotel was a good one. The young people at the front desk at check-in were great (helpful, cheerful, friendly) and the sweet hostess in the 11th floor lounge was congenial and a great conversationalist. I also made the acquaintance of a young man on the housekeeping staff who was a Junior at Baylor University. He was kind enough to take time to give me some advice regarding the university in a most informative, concise and detailed manner. “Kudos” to this personable young man--if he was one of my employees, I would consider him an asset and a potential "keeper".
The reason I chose this property was its close proximity to Baylor and the fact that pet were accepted.. I've stayed at pet-friendly hotels on occasion and have never before noticed any difference between the quality of room offered to me when I travelled with my pet or without. But this room had stains on the carpet and stains on the bed-skirt, all of which were of great interest to my dog (as was every corner, every piece of furniture, and every fixture in the bath.) I was thankful I’d remembered my can of Lysol, even more so when I opened up the refrigerator and discovered leftovers from some former occupant.
Had it not been so late in the evening, we would have left this Hilton. But, since we’d booked only 1 night, we decided to get a quick bite at The Grill and "grin and bear it". Only two other tables were occupied when we arrived. We ordered a Caesar Salad and a sandwich and were waiting on our iced teas when we were distracted by the escalating conversation level of a group of four young people. I’ll mention at this point that they were apparently acquaintances of the waitress, as she was attentive to them and called them by name. We were literally standing up to leave, having waited 30 to 40 minutes after placing our order (for a salad and a sandwich?!) when our food finally arrived. The hour was late, we were tired, the salad was tiny, but the sandwich looked good, so we stayed and ate despite the 'F-bombs' flying over our heads at an ever-increasing volume from the now ONLY other occupied table. We hurried through our meal, had to call for the check, then complained to the disinterested waitress about her acceptance/tolerance of the rude and distracting behavior of her 'friends?' No apology was offered, and we noticed that she sat back down with them as we were leaving. :{
I won’t go into as lengthy a detail about breakfast the following morning--the one that we thought was "free to Honors Gold members". My daughter had already started at the buffet when I learned that the free breakfast was offered in the "Lounge" on the 11th floor. (I presume that it was likely kept warm on hotplates as were the snacks offered the evening before.) So now, another $30 later –for a non-exemplary breakfast served in the now understandably empty dining area--we were looking forward to check-out. The gray-haired woman at the front desk was nothing like the duo I'd met the day before. She was far too busy answering the phone and putting on her friendly routine to prospective customers than to bother with me--no smile, no inquiry regarding the quality of my stay, no apology for my wait. This behavior was appalling given the fact that I already had a checkout receipt for the room, and was only stopping to explain that, although I had charged our breakfast to the room earlier, it was not included. My assumption is that her curt demeanor was due to the fact that I was leaving—the hotel HAD my money--so on to the next prospective customer bearing greenbacks. I will remember this when I choose both my lodging and that of my friends and relatives in the future, since my daughter has a 4-year scholarship from Baylor University, just down the road from this Hilton.
My experience with this hotel can be summed up with one word, with my apologies both to the raven and the late Edgar Allan Poe... "Nevermore."

Room Tip: Select another Hilton property
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Good day -

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco.

I certainly want to apologize for the lack of consistent service during your visit. This type of experience is not common and is not what our team strives to provide our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest service and I am very sorry that this is not what your experience had included.

Your comments have been shared with the staff members involved to ensure consistency for all our guests.

Thank you again for your time in responding to your stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

The front desk clerks very friendly....although the Bartendar Coco is what really keeps us coming back. He is just very nice, caring, and so polite. He really welcomes us back and greets us with a hug. I make sure that I call him to check on him every 3 months or so! You all did a fine job in hiring Coco.

• Stayed October 2011
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Good day -

Thank you very much for the time in writing to us regarding your recent stay here at the Hilton Waco! We are thrilled to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and that Coco was a big part of that! We (and Coco!) hope to see you all again soon!