“Good, Clean, Friendly Hotel”
Review of Hilton Waco

Hilton Waco
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I have made several trips to Waco related to Baylor and other business. I always stay here at Hilton. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are nice sized, and the beds are extremely comfortable. The last stay, out room was "clean, but not ready" meaning it had been cleaned but not inspected. The front desk called housekeeping on their radio and had the room inspected immediately. We had to wait about five minutes before being told our room was ready. For our "inconvenience," we were given tickets for the breakfast buffet, without even asking. The staff is ALWAYS extremely and helpful and very attentive to any request. The only down side is the breakfast buffet. It is certainly more than adequate, but not quite what you would expect from a Hilton. We had room service one night, and the food was excellent. The breakfast buffet, not as good. It has been like this every time I have been here. Don't know what it is about breakfast. Overall, a great hotel and a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Good day -

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco! We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and that our staff was able to meet and exceed your needs!

We look forward to your return to Waco!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

No microwave or refrigerator in rooms, small bathtubs, no snack vending machines - only drinks and it didn't even take cash- only credit cards, no complementary breakfast, below average breakfast buffet was about $13.00 per person, no good views- mine overlooked a roof, "gift shop" was just a small snack bar and a few shelves of magazines and romance novels - not open most of the time, everything was overpriced, leaky around windows, most of the tv channels listed in room guide they didn't have- very few selections, has limited room service but overpriced- paid $2 for a can of soda. Rooms were clean and nice looking, staff was nice. Overall, it was average, but convenience needs were not met.

• Stayed: October 2012
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Good day -

I am happy to hear that your thought our property and staff were very nice, however we are upset to hear that you felt your conveniences were not met. We do have refrigerators and microwaves available upon request and our Front Desk has a trove of snacks available when the gift shop is not open. I certainly want to apologize if these options were not offered to you.

Please contact us here directly when your travels bring you back to Waco - we will ensure you have these additional amenities available to you!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Business Trip! Hotel was nice. When I went into the room first thing I notice Lumps in the bed. Not sure why the lumps were there. Seemed as if whoever cleaned the room did not flatten the sheets properly. Sheets looked worn as if someone used them before. Carpet has spots on it and looked like it was not cleaned. The resturant inside the hotel the food is bland, no taste! although the area we were in was scenic and resturants were in walking distance.This is not the hilton experience I was used too!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Good day -

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of you recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco.

I certainly want to apologize that your stay was not up to par with your other Hilton experiences. We strive for consistency in all aspects of our guests' experiences! While I can state that the "bumps" on your bed were the comforter - it is "fluffed" before each guest stay and has a rippled look on the bed - however I cannot explain the condition of the remainder of your guest room. These issues are being addressed with our housekeeping staff!

We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Waco!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

The room is nice, clean. The place is well managed and the staff is nice. We stayed there for business and came in late and left pretty early both days. The breakfast buffet wasn't that great. It is walking distance to quite a few restaraunts.

Room Tip: Check out the outdoor patio to relax with a cup of coffee and newspaper. It was pretty nice and qui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Good day -

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco! We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and our staff was accommodating!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring to to Waco!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

A large gathering of my family came in from all over the US for family weekend at Baylor, with half of us staying at the Hilton. In short, the group of us that thought we were staying at the "nicer" hotel, were quickly disappointed and jealous of the "lower end" hotels the remaining family was staying at.

I personally booked 2 non smoking rooms, one for myself and husband, and the other for our sons.
This room was booked in March, for a visit in October... that’s right, 7 months in advance. When we arrived we were told that room requests were not guaranteed, and they only had smoking rooms left. I proceeded to tell the girl at the front desk, that there were two severely asthmatic people in our party (myself being one) and this was not acceptable. The gal proceeded to tell me that there was nothing she could do, since they were fully booked due to family weekend (precisely the reason we booked 7 months prior). Knowing the entire town was booked solid we were left with a couple of smoking rooms, and the deodorizer they gave us for our comfort!

When the elevator stopped at our floor, the smell of smoke hit us like a brick wall. A 1960’s casino in Vegas is the only reference I could think of to describe the odor. Unfortunately our room was 100 times worse (My mother, who has been a smoker for 40+ years couldn’t even walk into our room, because she said it smelled too bad). After 10 minutes in our room, I was in full blown asthma attack.

I returned down to the front desk wheezing and gasping for air, inhaler in hand. I proceeded to tell the front desk that our accommodations were unacceptable. Since no other hotels had any openings, I was forced to stay where my reservation was… But if I stayed in my room I was going to end up in the hospital and I would personally hold them responsible for my health. The front desk then decided that they would “see what they could do for me.” After going a few rounds, they decided they had a nonsmoking handicap room available, if that was ok. At that point, anything was better than staying in my car or the hospital. This gem of a new room, came with no shower curtain, so the bathroom flooded every time we bathed; no hair dryer; and Ah yes…. And nasty looks from the reception desk every time we passed by. Heaven forbid I have an asthma attack for going to a room I told them I could not be in, in the first place!

I must mention, that I stayed in this hotel with my daughter in June for orientation. My experience then, was not to the level of “service” (sarcasm) that this trip was, but was still nothing short of disappointing.
The ONLY redeeming quality to this hotel was a woman who worked in the hospitality suite on the 11th floor. I wish I remembered her name, but she was a shorter, middle aged colored woman with shorter braided hair.
She was friendly, warm, welcoming, and super sweet. If even a quarter of the employees at this location were that nice, the hotel would be a better place.
Until then, I would highly recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Good day -

Thank you for contact us regarding your recent stay with us here in Waco.

I certainly want to offer our apologies for your disappointing stay this past weekend. While we make every attempt to accommodate all our guests requests regarding room type, we were unable to honor the non-smoking request due to Expedia.com not making this arrangement. Unfortunately, the third-party internet booking sites do not guarantee this type of request for guests.

I will address your comments to all our staff. Our guests' comfort is absolutely of the utmost importance. We should have certainly offered all options to ensure that your stay is safe and comfortable.

Please contact us directly here at the hotel at 254-754-8484 to arrange your next stay. We can guarantee your non-smoking status and ensure your stay is much more enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Convenient to McLennan Community College, restaurants, shopping, Baylor University, etc. Nice hotel with professional and helpful staff. Room service was always delivered on time if not early. Nice hotel room - (refrigerator didn't work), slept well my entire stay!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 7th floor - quiet - nice views of City
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Good day,

Thank you very much for the great comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco! It is wonderful to hear that you had enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Waco!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Great location as its near Baylor and is on the shuttle route to the football stadium. Free self parking is a plus. But rates are higher than I'd expect for a property of this quality. But overall it's my choice when I go to Waco.

• Stayed: September 2012
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Good day -

Thank you very much for the great comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco! We are thrilled to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon for another Baylor game!