“Team Member Stay”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Copperas Cove, United States
“Team Member Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I actually work for a Hilton hotel and I got the team member discount plus an upgrade. The stay was lovely, the executive lounge was really nice and the tub was wonderful! I alway take a bath when I travel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Waco. Thank you for taking the time to write a review from a 'hotel insider.'

Jason Owens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I expected better room...loose wires under air conditioner unit, carpet needed cleaning,lamp shade was burned, loose tiles in bathroom, no microwave ..... Waiter in restaraunt was too pushy, and a worker creeped up behind me and stood behind me in hallway at night as I put key in door. Really freaked me out, as I was a woman alone. The lobby is beautiful, and the convention center connected to the hotel was. The view of the Brazos River was wonderful. But I was disappointed, and not what I expected !!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pommom02
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are sorry we did not meet (and exceed) your expectations. We are hoping to renovate our guest rooms soon. I appreciate you bringing up these concerns and will be working with our staff to address them. I am glad you enjoyed our lobby and surrounding scenery and hope we will be able have you as our guest in the future.

Jason Owens
San Antonio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I don't recommend this hotel; even though I asked for a smoke-free room, it smelled badly of smoke. I also was approached two times in the parking lot by people asking for money. Finally, I felt this hotel was overpriced .. it is somewhat run down, but the price I paid was quite high ($150/night). I don't recommend this hotel ... it is not a good value.

1 Thank Andrew H
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Waco.

On behalf of Hilton Waco I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced both in your room and outside of our hotel. We are anticipating being able to make upgrades to the hotel in the near future. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.
Huntington, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I chose the Hilton as a full service hotel vs. other brands in the area. Boy, was I wrong. Upon arriving at the hotel there was no greeting or entry assistance with luggage. After requesting a bellman someone arrived who I don't think ever performed that function in his life. I reserved a club level corner king. I was told there were no vacancies on that floor despite my confirmation, however club access would be provided. Upon entering my room on the 10th floor I was overwhelmed with a most unpleasant smell. My daughter was late for an appointment so I took a few moments to assess the room and after she left decided to go to club level to speak with some other guests to see if the whole hotel was this bad. Needless to say the key was not programmed correctly, so down to the front desk I went to have the key programmed to access the top floor. There I explained my plight to the gal on duty who assured me there would be a better room. Sure enough the exact room I reserved was on the 11th floor. Why this room wasn't given to me the first time was a mystery. This room was in the same run down state but not as dirty or smelly. It was one night (I had to pay for two however since the hotel changed cancellation policy but I was not notified or was it reflected on the corporate site). The air conditioner/heater unit was a wall mount version that made a racket going on and off. The top sheet was stained and the plaster separated from the wall where there must have earlier been a leak. I'm going into such detail because I was swayed by other Trip Advisor reviews to give the Hilton a shot. It was a huge mistake. This site is is in a sad state and is in serious need of updating and renovation. Ms. Ruby by the way is wonderful!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
1 Thank Huntingtongalpal
MJMahoney, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Good day -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying here in Waco.

I would like to apologize that your experience was not to your expectations. We strive to ensure our rooms are clean and comfortable and our staff is exceeding your needs. It certainly appears we fell short. I can confidently state that your room condition is certainly not commonplace and we will ensure our engineering team is notified to ensure these issues do not affect any future stays. I will also communicate to our guest service team about proper arrival procedures.

We appreciate your feedback - these comments only assist us in becoming a better property for our guests. Thank you very much for your time and we hope that you will come back to visit for a much better experience!

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had an event at the convention center and switched hotels to the Hilton to be right next door to the event. Very friendly, professional staff. Extremely comfortable bed. Loved that the bathroom had a tub - hard to find in many hotels these days. Great location. Definitely would stay here again.

Good day -

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here in Waco!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the convention! We certainly appreciate the great comments regarding the comfort of your guest room and our staff! We hope that you will be able to join us again for your next meeting!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights starting Oct 29,2013. Our room was excellent and the price was very reasonable.. We enjoyed the Executive floor lounge under the care of the Super-Hostess Ms. Ruby who gives a personal touch touch visits.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Good day --

Thank you so much for the kinds words and comments about your recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We are thrilled to hear you had such a great time while visiting us! We are very lucky to have such a great team member in Ruby! Pardon the pun, but Ms. Ruby certainly is a gem! We will be ensure that we share your comments with her!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Waco!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Nice facility. Watch out for the cold water. Evidently the hot and cold water feeds are located so close to each other that the hot water pipe heats the cold water . After an initial few seconds of cool water you need to run the cold water for a few minutes before it cooled again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Good day -

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of your recent stay here in Waco!

We appreciate the feedback provided regarding the water temperature in your guest room. We are looking into resolving this issue so that it does not affect any future stays! We are happy to see that your had otherwise enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your comments!