“Don”
Review of Hilton Waco

Hilton Waco
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent experience in the Hilton Waco. I was at a conference with this hotel as its headquarters. Very friendly and attentive staff. My room was excellent; well worth the extra cost to stay on the 11th floor. One thing: order the Angus hamburger in the dining room. I rated it the best I have ever had! The breakfast buffet is excellent too. See you next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hello,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear your stay went so well and you were able to enjoy our restaurant. You all were a great group; we cannot wait to have you again next year!

Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed in this property to take my niece and her college room mate to dinner while driving across Texas on business. Every staff person I encountered was gracious and welcoming and made me feel like a regular. I travel Hilton a few weeks per month and was really impressed by this team. Front desk staff, dining room staff, bar staff, everyone was smiling and helpful and made me feel like a truly welcome guest.
Please note a special shout out to Ruby who captains the hospitality suite on the top floor. She is fantastic. Great big welcome, showed me Waco points of interest from the panoramic view, told me all about the new stadium. I hope Ruby's there on my next trip thru Waco; she's a highlight of anyone's stay and Hilton is really lucky to have her on the team.

Room Tip: Top floor south side corner for quiet and the view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for completing a review of you recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We really appreciate the kind words! I am so happy to hear our staff showed you our appreciation to have you and your family as our guests. Ruby is a gem. Thank you for recognizing her; I will pass your words along to her manager.

Thank you again for posting this review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had some issues with the toilet not working as expected and vending machines were either non-existent or didn't work and had to get beverage from the hotel restaurant, but staff was quick to resolve issues.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying here in Waco.

I am happy to see your overall stay was good. I’m sorry for the inconveniences of the vending machine not working and the toilet issue. Our maintenance is available 24 hours and we are quick to take care of anything that does not meet expectations.

We hope to have you return as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

the housekeepers had left piles of dirty laundry outside each room door, giving the hallways the dirty laundry smell of sitting inside a hamper.... restaurant was out of ingredients for 2 of our ordered meals.... BUT room was comfy, clean and quiet

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hello,

I would like to apologize that your experience was not to your expectations. I can confidently state that the condition of the hallway is certainly not commonplace and we will ensure our engineering team is notified to ensure these issues do not affect any future stays. I also am sorry our restaurant ran out of stock for the meals you ordered. This also does not happen often.

We appreciate your feedback - these comments only assist us in becoming a better property for our guests. Thank you very much for your time and we hope that you will come back to visit for a much better experience!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I travel to Waco on business monthly. For the price and value that this hotel brings I wouldn't stay anywhere else. They are very accommodating. We arrived early and needed to get some work done. They gave me access to wifi and allowed me to go to the executive lounge to complete my work while my room was being cleaned.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you.

We are try our best to accomodate our guests whenever possible. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is probably the nicest hotel in Waco. It's pricey, but they can price higher because there is no other alternative. Definitely better than the Courtyard Marriott across the street.

My family and I stayed on the top floor which is the executive level with executive lounge. Lounge had good options for breakfast, so we didn't even need to eat out. They also offer a light dinner which is nice. Lounge food and drinks are complimentary except for alcohol. Definitely worth the premium to stay on the executive level. MS. RUBY in the executive lounge provided world-class customer service!!

Worst thing about the hotel is the trash can in the bathroom. It's supposed to be a designer-looking trash can but the functionality is terrible. It's so slim that I could fit very little in there.

I'm from a big city and usually stay in big cities, so my comparison is a little biased. Overall, this is a good hotel in a small town.

Room Tip: Executive level is worth the premium.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about Ms. Ruby. She is great and we are lucky to have her here. We are glad your stay with us went well. I will bring up the trashcan size to our chief engineer.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at the Hilton multiple times during fall 2013 for various sporting events and to visit my son at Baylor. The service is always great and the staff very friendly. The first place I always look when I travel to Waco is the Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments and are glad your stays with us have gone well.