“Hilton....good choice”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Waco
fort hood, United States
“Hilton....good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great hotel, good atmosphere and great service. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. The breakfast was good as well. I utilized the hotel bar and the drinks were not over priced and not watered down. Overall I rate my stay a 10 out of 10. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Waco area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear your stay went so well and you were able to enjoy our breakfast and bar.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jason Owens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My teen and I stayed here on a trip to see Baylor. This is a very nice hotel with reasonable prices. Our biggest complaint is that the pool isn't heated - we came in from Michigan and had brought our suits - it was 80 the day we were there - but the outdoor pool is in the shade and was too chilly! But that is probably great for most of the year.

We had a last minute change in plans and need to leave a day early. This was handled nicely by the front desk - very helpful and understanding.

Will recommend to our Baylor-bound friends!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear your stay went so well. It would be very nice to have an indoor or heated pool, but you are right, we are able to have it open most of the year with the warm weather we have in central Texas. Good luck to your son (and family) in determining which college to attend.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Waxahachie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is one of the best values I've experienced. The room was so comfortable and affordable. The breakfast was delicious. Omlets, waffles ect. There is a very nice meeting room on the 11th floor for business. The views are great and the location is very good for restaurants and access to the freeway. We highly recommend this hotel and will definately be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear your stay went so well and you were able to enjoy our executive lounge and breakfast.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent experience in the Hilton Waco. I was at a conference with this hotel as its headquarters. Very friendly and attentive staff. My room was excellent; well worth the extra cost to stay on the 11th floor. One thing: order the Angus hamburger in the dining room. I rated it the best I have ever had! The breakfast buffet is excellent too. See you next year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear your stay went so well and you were able to enjoy our restaurant. You all were a great group; we cannot wait to have you again next year!

Thank you again.

Whidbey Island, Wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed in this property to take my niece and her college room mate to dinner while driving across Texas on business. Every staff person I encountered was gracious and welcoming and made me feel like a regular. I travel Hilton a few weeks per month and was really impressed by this team. Front desk staff, dining room staff, bar staff, everyone was smiling and helpful and made me feel like a truly welcome guest.
Please note a special shout out to Ruby who captains the hospitality suite on the top floor. She is fantastic. Great big welcome, showed me Waco points of interest from the panoramic view, told me all about the new stadium. I hope Ruby's there on my next trip thru Waco; she's a highlight of anyone's stay and Hilton is really lucky to have her on the team.

Room Tip: Top floor south side corner for quiet and the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for completing a review of you recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We really appreciate the kind words! I am so happy to hear our staff showed you our appreciation to have you and your family as our guests. Ruby is a gem. Thank you for recognizing her; I will pass your words along to her manager.

Thank you again for posting this review and we hope to see you again soon!

Nederland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had some issues with the toilet not working as expected and vending machines were either non-existent or didn't work and had to get beverage from the hotel restaurant, but staff was quick to resolve issues.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying here in Waco.

I am happy to see your overall stay was good. I’m sorry for the inconveniences of the vending machine not working and the toilet issue. Our maintenance is available 24 hours and we are quick to take care of anything that does not meet expectations.

We hope to have you return as our guest in the future.

Arlington, TX, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

the housekeepers had left piles of dirty laundry outside each room door, giving the hallways the dirty laundry smell of sitting inside a hamper.... restaurant was out of ingredients for 2 of our ordered meals.... BUT room was comfy, clean and quiet

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Jason O, Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Hello,

I would like to apologize that your experience was not to your expectations. I can confidently state that the condition of the hallway is certainly not commonplace and we will ensure our engineering team is notified to ensure these issues do not affect any future stays. I also am sorry our restaurant ran out of stock for the meals you ordered. This also does not happen often.

We appreciate your feedback - these comments only assist us in becoming a better property for our guests. Thank you very much for your time and we hope that you will come back to visit for a much better experience!