“Good Conference Center”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Fort Worth, United States
“Good Conference Center”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The overall use as a conference center was very good; however, the Waco Hilton is beginning to show its age. Rooms are large, but furniture is dated. Amenities offered at other hotels such as in-room microwave and/or refrigerator are not available. While HD, the televisions are also smaller than in most other hotels I've stayed at on business or leisure. All-in-all, it was still a comfortable room, with lots of restaurant choices within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Roger M
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Good Day,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent stay at the Hilton Waco.
We are in the planning stages of a remodel and are working on getting refrigerators in every room. I'm glad to hear the conference went well and your overall stay went well.

Jason Owens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton for a long time, twice during the month of May, 2014. There has been a steady decline in service for a long time now. The first time I stayed in May, 2014, I had reserved a King corner room on the executive floor. When I checked in, I was given a different room across from the elevators. This exact same thing happened to me in December, 2013. You can check my prior review. In December, 2013, I reserved a King corner room, but was given a different room. When I asked about the difference in price, I was told they were the same price. According to the Hilton website, the room I received was cheaper than the room I reserved, but I was charged for the more expensive room I did not get. I was prepared in May, 2014, in case this happened again. it did. I reserved a King corner, but was given a room across from the elevators. I had printed out the web page showing the difference in price. When I checked out, I asked the lady at the front desk about being given a cheaper room that I did not reserve, and being charged the higher price for the room I did reserve. Got the same answer: the price is the same. I showed her the printout from hilton.com showing the price difference. I was told that the website was wrong. I find it highly improbable that the hilton.com website is wrong. So again, I was overcharged for the room I was given, and did not receive the room I had reserved.

In addition, soiled laundry from the rooms on the floor were outside my room from the time I got there at about 4:00 until after 8:30 that evening. Next to the soiled laundry was all the trash from all the rooms on the floor. I have never seen a hotel, including this Hilton, leave laundry and garbage on the floor outside a room for hours. Until now.

To this Hilton's credit, after the manager (Jason Owens) read my prior review on TripAdvisor (which I deleted to update to this one), he contacted me by e-mail to address my horrible stay. After several emails back and forth, he informed me that these problems would be addressed, and that for my troubles, he would credit me $100 on my bill for my second stay in May. When we arrived, we did receive the room I had reserved, and there was a tray of cheese and crackers in our room, compliments of the hotel. That was appreciated. (Room 1103, May 8-9). However, when I checked out, guess what: there was not a $100 credit on my bill. It is amazing that after I posted on TripAdvisor about being overcharged for a room not once but twice, being given a different room than what I reserved, not once but twice, and being promised by the management that this would be taken care of, the hotel once again failed to follow through. I have read the other reviews praising this hotel. A year ago, I did the same. But having stayed at this hotel frequently (my son is a student at Baylor), I have observed its steady and quick decline. If you only stay at this hotel very infrequently and have no expectations of it, you will be fine. Expect to be overcharged for the room you ended being given. Just don't expect to receive the room you reserve, to receive any service or for the hotel to follow through on any promises. There are too many hotels nearby, including the Marriott literally across the street, to be treated like this at this Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidWB95
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello,

I am very sorry this was not taken care of. I took Friday off and I see the agreement we had was not honored. This was not intentional and it is now taken care of.

Jason
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Having had a bad experience at another hotel in the Hilton family the night before I stayed at the Hilton Waco, I was a little concerned about my choice, but I decided to stay here anyway. I am very glad that I did! The staff at the front desk already had my room key ready when I arrived, and the room was very clean. I enjoyed breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and the chef cooking eggs to order was very nice and polite. I wish they had a couple of more options for fresh fruit on the breakfast buffet, but it was still an excellent breakfast. This is one of the few Hilton hotels that has free parking, while still being close to the convention center and several nice restaurants, so that is an added bonus. I will definitely stay here when I return to Waco!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience of your stay with us. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with one of our other hotels. I am glad to hear your stay with us went well and hope we were able to regain your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

I will pass along your suggestion for the breakfast buffet to our restaurant manager. We hope to see you again soon!

oklahoma City, Okla, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

For over ten years this Hilton in Waco Texas has been gracious and accommodating to me and my guests. My primary satisfaction comes from the character and cordial attentiveness of the people on their staff at all levels. The hotel is convenient to Baylor University, and to downtown Waco. With it being close to Interstate 35, it makes it easy to locate, and easy to travel to other venues.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for the kind words in the review of your recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We greatly appreciate the great feedback regarding your stay and the friendship we have made. We are thrilled that you found our staff to be so accomodating!

We will see you soon!

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Waco Hilton is the most convenient and nice place to stay whether you are attending Waco Cotton Palace, an event at Baylor University or other events around the city. The staff are very friendly and the accommodations could not be nicer. Our family has always enjoyed staying at this hotel while visiting Waco.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Good day,

Thank you very much for completing a review of you recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We very much appreciate the kind words and the recommendation! I will pass that along to our restaurant manager. We hope to see you all again when you are back in Waco!

Connecticut
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hotel was very nice - would stay there again. Rooms were clean and quite. If I had to say anything about the place, I would say they could use another person at the omelet station in the morning, as once person wasn't sufficient.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Good day --

We very much appreciate the kind words and suggestion! I will pass along your recommendation to our restaurant manager.

We hope to see you all again when you are back in Waco!

Cape Canaveral, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a corner room on 11th floor with an amazing view of the Brazos River and the historical suspension bridge. The 11th floor is an upgrade that includes breakfast and every day but Sunday evening snacks/supper. Love that the entire hotel is nonsmoking.The entire staff was very friendly from the check in to the staff attending the 11th floor "lounge/supper/breakfast room ." Special thanks to the consideration and customer service from Jennifer at the front desk. We had an issue with the water and the tv on Easter Sunday -- she was so gracious and concerned- and made us forever Waco Hilton fans. Would not consider staying anywhere else in Waco now.- the only thing some people may not like is small bathroom, but no problem for us -- that view of the river with the comfortable chairs better than any large bathroom experience.

Room Tip: room 1121- quiet , away from elevator - spectacular view and close to 11th floor snack/breakfast roo...