“Waco Hilton”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Dallas, Texas
“Waco Hilton”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The location is great along the Brazo and close to BU, but the rest of the hotel is just very average. Don't expect anything special. For the price, I expected more.
___________________________________

1 Thank Michelle1745
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying here in Waco.

I apologize that your experience was not to your expectations. We strive to ensure our rooms are clean and comfortable and our staff is exceeding your needs.

Thank you very much for your time and we hope that you will come back to visit for a much better experience!

Jason Owens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Colleyville
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've stayed at the hotel several times and had a fine experience. This review is for the restaurant - I couldn't find the Hilton in the restaurant section for Waco - which is a city that sorely needs more good restaurants... Here's the deal - I grew up in Waco, went to BU, my daughter went to BU - and Waco has has very few really good paces to eat over the years. The Waterworks, Northwood Inn (both long gone) and currently D's Mediterranean (very casual, but very good) are memorable

Daughter just graduated from BU and we were looking for a good place to go after the ceremony. Honestly, we settled on the Hilton because it seemed the only choice - we had low expectations. Very much an understatement to say we were surprised and pleased with the quality of the experience and with the food. The people were wonderful - the chef came out to visit and ask how things were going, the man at the carving station was pleasant, our server was prompt and professional. Best smoked salmon I've eaten - maybe ever.

Please Waco, support this place. These guys have earned a shot I think and the community needs a go to place for something other than burgers and Mexican food.

Room Tip: Any room - but eat here.
1 Thank Tomtri
Thank you very much for the kind words in the review of our restaurant, The Grille, during your stay at the Hilton Waco!

We are lucky to have the great chefs we have here and are glad you and your family were able to enjoy the dinner. I've had that smoked salmon before and agree it is delicious (and I don't particularly care for salmon)!

Please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Georgetown, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stay was for a week long training event, the meeting room and support from hotel was outstanding. Hotel staff very supportative towards meet all needs. Room was set up and ready each day, great job of resupplying refreshments during the day.

1 Thank Fred C
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate the wonderful comments regarding our staff and are glad we were able to assist in making your stay with us a great one.

If your travels bring you back to this area we hope to have you return as our guest soon.

Graham, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Room accommodation's were very nice, but no refrigerator. Staff were great, furnishings were nice and well maintained. The conference room was excellent for meeting purposes and breakfast/meals were above average.

1 Thank Tony W
Hello,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent stay at the Hilton Waco.
We are working on getting refrigerators in every room. We have them in some and have a few that are available upon request. I am thrilled to hear your comments regarding our staff and meals and that everything went well with the conference.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I attended a conference at this facility, with 92 attendees. The facility was excellent and the staff made everybody feel welcomed. Room was perfect and the entire facility is well maintained. Good choice for our stay

Greetings,

Thank you very much for the kind words in the review of your recent stay here at the Hilton Waco!

We appreciate the great feedback regarding your stay and are thrilled that our staff was able to meet and exceed all your needs!

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The overall use as a conference center was very good; however, the Waco Hilton is beginning to show its age. Rooms are large, but furniture is dated. Amenities offered at other hotels such as in-room microwave and/or refrigerator are not available. While HD, the televisions are also smaller than in most other hotels I've stayed at on business or leisure. All-in-all, it was still a comfortable room, with lots of restaurant choices within walking distance.

1 Thank Roger M
Good Day,

We are in the planning stages of a remodel and are working on getting refrigerators in every room. I'm glad to hear the conference went well and your overall stay went well.

Warm Regards,

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton for a long time, twice during the month of May, 2014. There has been a steady decline in service for a long time now. The first time I stayed in May, 2014, I had reserved a King corner room on the executive floor. When I checked in, I was given a different room across from the elevators. This exact same thing happened to me in December, 2013. You can check my prior review. In December, 2013, I reserved a King corner room, but was given a different room. When I asked about the difference in price, I was told they were the same price. According to the Hilton website, the room I received was cheaper than the room I reserved, but I was charged for the more expensive room I did not get. I was prepared in May, 2014, in case this happened again. it did. I reserved a King corner, but was given a room across from the elevators. I had printed out the web page showing the difference in price. When I checked out, I asked the lady at the front desk about being given a cheaper room that I did not reserve, and being charged the higher price for the room I did reserve. Got the same answer: the price is the same. I showed her the printout from hilton.com showing the price difference. I was told that the website was wrong. I find it highly improbable that the hilton.com website is wrong. So again, I was overcharged for the room I was given, and did not receive the room I had reserved.

In addition, soiled laundry from the rooms on the floor were outside my room from the time I got there at about 4:00 until after 8:30 that evening. Next to the soiled laundry was all the trash from all the rooms on the floor. I have never seen a hotel, including this Hilton, leave laundry and garbage on the floor outside a room for hours. Until now.

To this Hilton's credit, after the manager (Jason Owens) read my prior review on TripAdvisor (which I deleted to update to this one), he contacted me by e-mail to address my horrible stay. After several emails back and forth, he informed me that these problems would be addressed, and that for my troubles, he would credit me $100 on my bill for my second stay in May. When we arrived, we did receive the room I had reserved, and there was a tray of cheese and crackers in our room, compliments of the hotel. That was appreciated. (Room 1103, May 8-9). However, when I checked out, guess what: there was not a $100 credit on my bill. It is amazing that after I posted on TripAdvisor about being overcharged for a room not once but twice, being given a different room than what I reserved, not once but twice, and being promised by the management that this would be taken care of, the hotel once again failed to follow through. I have read the other reviews praising this hotel. A year ago, I did the same. But having stayed at this hotel frequently (my son is a student at Baylor), I have observed its steady and quick decline. If you only stay at this hotel very infrequently and have no expectations of it, you will be fine. Expect to be overcharged for the room you ended being given. Just don't expect to receive the room you reserve, to receive any service or for the hotel to follow through on any promises. There are too many hotels nearby, including the Marriott literally across the street, to be treated like this at this Hilton.

1 Thank DavidWB95
Jason O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Waco, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello,

I am very sorry this was not taken care of. I took Friday off and I see the agreement we had was not honored. This was not intentional and it is now taken care of.

Jason