“Nice hotel- Horrible beds!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Nice hotel- Horrible beds!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The hotel was nice, but the room was a little out dated compared to most of the Holiday Inn Express's I've stayed at. The beds were the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in at a hotel. That is my only complaint. We had a 2 room suite nice size bathroom. They had a nice breakfast area and the staff was nice, but due to the bed I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank carmickleklan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
Dear carmickleklan,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so glad you liked our breakfast area and the friendliness of our staff. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations that affected your stay negatively. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here two nights while visiting family. When I first arrived, our room on the first floor had a dead cricket and a couple dead water bugs. Did not give me a good feeling. We did not tell anyone just brushed to the side. However, housekeeping did our room the next morning and they were gone and the room seemed very clean.
The staff was super friendly and really were sweet to my girls. We had a great stay and the facility was very nice. Can't say enough about the staff-the night desk, the morning desk, breakfast staff and housekeeping. One of the friendliest places we have been.

• Stayed October 2012
Chicago
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I spent one night at the HIE in July. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. My room was exactly as expected. It was clean and it had everything I needed. I only used the free wifi for a little while, but it worked well. Parking is also free.
The hotel was a little hard to find. If you use Google Maps, it will send you to the wrong location. The hotel is in a very convenient location, with several places to eat nearby.
I only had one problem with my stay. My A/C unit was loud when it turned on. It did have the option to leave the fan on all the time, and that really helped. Even with the fan on, it was a little loud when the A/C kicked in.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ManUnited8989
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear ManUnited8989,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is always heartwarming to read that our valued guests enjoy their overall experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for the unusual condition of the air conditioning unit in your room. I will follow up with the maintenance department and ensure that this will be addressed accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Joel B
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed for a quick business trip, and this was a best bet. Bright exterior lights at night made the hotel feel welcoming and safe.
Convenient location, clean rooms, and friendly staff.
Breakfast had everything you would want. Good value, would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MonicafromMiami
West Viginia
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have stayed here at least 3 times, the hotel is centrally located to dining and shopping. It is easy to get to. The rooms are very tidy, clean and fresh. On one stay I had a problem with beetles, but it was to be expected as they were everywhere.

Nothing to complain about, worth the money and time.

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CurryRussell
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Good location and very clean. Just overpriced for their suite. It's a room that is a little bigger than a standard room but has a two foot divider on each side of the room separating the couch from the bed. No desk but a square table with a worn out business chair. Made computing uncomfortable. Hence over priced. I've paid less for a better room at other hotels for fifty dollars cheaper.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank dldlcd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear dldlcd,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a review. We are glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel. We are sorry your room accommodations fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stay in this hotel about 4 times a year while visiting family in the area. The staff is always very nice, they make a point of getting my parents in to a room that makes it easier for them to get around. I was upgraded once to a suite it was very nice and roomy. The breakfast buffet is always clean and well stocked, the staff is very attentive. This is not necessarily a tourist area for most people but a good place ro stay if you are visiting Waxahachie, TX. Easy access to the highways and plenty of chain restaurants near by. There is a nonce strip mall behind it that has a super Target.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side opposite the highway. A corner suite if available.