“Good Place to Relax”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights (Monday, Tuesday June 9 & 10) while I attend a training school in Waxahachie.

I arrived and check-in was a breeze and went to my room on the second floor. My room was nice and I had a view of the pool.

As I unpacked, I remembered I had forgotten to bring shampoo. Luckily, the hotel had those in the bathroom along with conditioner, lotion & even shower gel.

I must say that I found the bed and pillows were excellent and I had no problems getting comfortable and relaxing. The nearby restaurants are within walking distance and the Target located behind the hotel is there if you need anything.

I had brought water bottles and drinks from home and used the refrigerator located in the room.
The water pressure was really good and had no issue running out of hot water.

The only thing I had an issue with was the elevator, there is only 1 and it can be a slow wait.

Check out was as easy as the check-in :)

Overall, I would return to this hotel and stay there.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from the pool or the highway due to any noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CozumelCris

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Overall this was a nice stay but there were several details that were off. My room had a great separate room with a desk and TV which made it very comfortable for the week. However I didn't sleep well in the bed and there were marks on several walls. It's close to the highway, dining and shopping. I did appreciate the multiple HBO channels offered.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelerJay630
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear TravelerJay630,

I appreciate that you took the time to leave our property a review. It is nice to know that our room accommodations were comfortable enough for your needs. I regret however any dissatisfaction you may have had with the condition of the bed.

Despite this, I hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Pam G

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed at this location as we did not want to stay in Dallas overnight. The good----Location was fantastic. No problems what so ever finding the motel. Room was clean.

the not so good------Very uncomfortable bed (many have commented on this and it is true). Scratchy sheets (the quality wasn't there, maybe our sheet were just old and threadbare. Breakfast was a little iffy. I normally enjoy the cinnamon roll but I took one bite and threw the rest away. I am not a fan of crunch/ dried out cinnamon rolls. I tried to print something on the printer in the business room, printer was off line. I noticed that there were 14 documents pending so it wasn't a new issue. Went to the front desk to ask about it and was told they didn't know how to fix it.

I might consider staying her again, but chances are not.

Room Tip: ask for something close to an elevator
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittll
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Brittll,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. Please accept our apologies for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered which affected your stay negatively. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very nice hotel. Love that there is a Target behind it and Johnny Carinos beside it! Did not want to stay in Dallas so this was a great location for us. We stay at many HI Express on vacation. This one is nice but the air conditioner unit made me miserable during the night. It is loud and blew onto the bed .I had read this on another review but did not think we would have a problem. I was wrong. Mattressed were not up to normal HI Express quality. Not a good nights rest!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wpdaniel
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Over the past eight years or so, my wife and I have stayed at many of the Waxahachie hotels while attending the Scarbrough Ren Festival. This year we decided to try the Holiday Inn Express because of the nearby restaurants. That convenience is all this hotel has going for it unfortunately.

This place is either aging and definitely showing its age or very high mileage and in need of a bit of refurbishment or both. We booked our room online (king bed with refrigerator and microwave). We never use the microwave but do use the 'fridge. When we entered the room guess what? No refrigerator... only a hole in a cabinet where a refrigerator used to be. My wife called the front desk and was told there was nothing that could be done that night (the hotel was completely booked) but as we were staying for two nights, they could get us a refrigerator the next day. That suggest to me that they may be moving at least one refrigerator from room-to-room rather than equipping each room as it should be equipped.

The bathroom was rather dingy. The steel door frame was starting to rust in the corners. It's nothing that a quick coat of paint couldn't hide but the fact that it's been allowed to get as far as it has tell me that management/ownership isn't examining the rooms often (of at all).

The room furniture looked like it came from a garage sale. The real experience killer was the bed. The mattress was so hard as to be almost impossible to sleep on. I recall thinking that it was rather like sleeping on the ground with only a couple of blankets underneath for padding. My back was sore from the experience.

There are a few other issues that I'll not go into here in the interest of trying to keep this as brief as possible. The bottom line is this: In our experience, all of the hotels in Waxahachie seem to get a lot of traffic but this one is, by far, a lot more tired than the others we've stayed at. We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor away from vending and the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AustinFoodie3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear AustinFoodie3,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments about the bathroom and the room furniture have been documented and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The staff, Kenzie was the best that I have experience in a long time. She was wonderful along with her staff. Kenzie assisted with making sure our days in the hotels were the best that one could offer in the form of first class service. Kenzie and her staff did not need to go out of the box to make us feel welcome and assisted us with getting familiar with the area due to the first time in town. Being a Platinum member with InterContinental Hotels Group and a Diamond member with the Hilton Hotel group, the service from Kenzie and staff is in my top 2 list of stays in the United States. My last night in the hotel, I got sick, the night auditor assisted me that made me feel better. The service at this hotel deserves a blue ribbon. First Class Service all the way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WorldTraveler19999
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed here while working in the area. Very nice hotel and fantastic staff. Located next to lots of stores and restaurants that travelers will find very handy and helpful. While the hotel did not have a actual gym, their is a Anytime fitness down the road that has a very good staff as well

Room Tip: Top floor is nice and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waxahachie
Hampton Inn & Suites Waxahachie
Comfort Suites Waxahachie
Comfort Suites Waxahachie
#4 of 11 in Waxahachie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Waxahachie
Best Western Plus Waxahachie Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Waxahachie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!