“Great Customer Service, nice IHG Reward Member Perks!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Kohler, Wisconsin
“Great Customer Service, nice IHG Reward Member Perks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Gal at the front desk was GREAT (Kristen, I believe)! She was well informed of the area and was competent in giving us directions, as our GPS took us to the middle of nowhere. She was warm and welcoming upon arrival and greeted us with IHG reward member "gifts" (water and trail mix). She took pride in the hotel. We were also upgraded to a Corner King Suite which was HUGE! Unit had two loveseat sized couches, a chair, several side tables, a desk, a kitchenette, two TV's, a king size bed and a separate bathroom. Again it was HUGE! While it was not perfect (some stains, carpet wear, etc), it was definitely above average. My only real complaint is that the bathroom vanity was not made for a shorter person, it was difficult using the sink because it was quite deep and tall. Also, there was some sort of dirty tubing under the vanity that was visible and not very attractive to look at. GREAT water pressure in the shower! Breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express buffet, which has always been satisfactory. Would recommend and stay here again if in the area, especially with the IHG reward member perks.

Room Tip: Corner King Suite was VERY Spacious!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KenzieShore11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 July 2015
Dear FourPackerBackers,
First we want to thank you so much for staying with us at our property! I greatly appreciate your compliments to my staff. They thank you so much for that, it genuinely made their day. We strive very hard every day to make guests feel just as you did.
I want to apologize though, that our bathroom was not more accommodating to your needs! I will put in an exception request to see if we can't get something done about the height of our counters.
I do know we will be getting a renovation soon and that may just be at the top of their priority list!
Thank you again so much for your review and for staying with us. We hope to be able to have you and your family with us again soon! Have a wonderful day!

Holiday Inn Express Staff & Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had tried to check in to the Holiday Inn Express that is a bit further North, but they were booked (sorry can't remember the name of the town, we were very tired from driving) the lady at the front desk was super great! She called the Wxahachie location for us and got us a room for the night, she also let us us the free WiFi to get directions printed off and allowed us to use the restroom. Our Tom Tom did not find the Waxahachie location and so wie called the hotel, the guy was GREAT, don't know his name, but his sister works there too. He guided us in with good directions and was very patient with me when I was stressed out and tired. The only issue was had was with getting the computer to work/print in the business center. They front desk clerk tried to help but could not get it working either. So he went behind the counter and printed out directions for us. The room was VERY nice, clean and the bed was wonderful, felt like it had a padded mattress cover on it. We slept very well. Shower was nice and hot with a great spray to it. Breakfast was good, hot and fresh. We stayed June 2 and then on our way back home we stayed again on June 13. Both times it was great! We did not have time to use the pool, but it was right outside our window and it looked clean. The June 13 visit a very nice girl checked us in.

Room Tip: Call early the hotels in this area seem to fill up quickly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Moe B
KenzieShore11, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2015
Moe B,
We thank you for staying with us here at our location! I am so pleased that the staff was able to accommodate your needs and be as helpful as they were. Our staff here strives very hard to help all out our guests in any way we can.
Thank you again for your time and business with us We hope to be able to have you with us again soon! Have a wonderful day!

Warmest Regards and Safe Travels,
Holiday Inn Express Staff
Little Elm, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights (Monday, Tuesday June 9 & 10) while I attend a training school in Waxahachie.

I arrived and check-in was a breeze and went to my room on the second floor. My room was nice and I had a view of the pool.

As I unpacked, I remembered I had forgotten to bring shampoo. Luckily, the hotel had those in the bathroom along with conditioner, lotion & even shower gel.

I must say that I found the bed and pillows were excellent and I had no problems getting comfortable and relaxing. The nearby restaurants are within walking distance and the Target located behind the hotel is there if you need anything.

I had brought water bottles and drinks from home and used the refrigerator located in the room.
The water pressure was really good and had no issue running out of hot water.

The only thing I had an issue with was the elevator, there is only 1 and it can be a slow wait.

Check out was as easy as the check-in :)

Overall, I would return to this hotel and stay there.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from the pool or the highway due to any noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CozumelCris
Bolingbrook, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Overall this was a nice stay but there were several details that were off. My room had a great separate room with a desk and TV which made it very comfortable for the week. However I didn't sleep well in the bed and there were marks on several walls. It's close to the highway, dining and shopping. I did appreciate the multiple HBO channels offered.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelerJay630
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear TravelerJay630,

I appreciate that you took the time to leave our property a review. It is nice to know that our room accommodations were comfortable enough for your needs. I regret however any dissatisfaction you may have had with the condition of the bed.

Despite this, I hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Pam G
Pratt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed at this location as we did not want to stay in Dallas overnight. The good----Location was fantastic. No problems what so ever finding the motel. Room was clean.

the not so good------Very uncomfortable bed (many have commented on this and it is true). Scratchy sheets (the quality wasn't there, maybe our sheet were just old and threadbare. Breakfast was a little iffy. I normally enjoy the cinnamon roll but I took one bite and threw the rest away. I am not a fan of crunch/ dried out cinnamon rolls. I tried to print something on the printer in the business room, printer was off line. I noticed that there were 14 documents pending so it wasn't a new issue. Went to the front desk to ask about it and was told they didn't know how to fix it.

I might consider staying her again, but chances are not.

Room Tip: ask for something close to an elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brittll
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Brittll,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. Please accept our apologies for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered which affected your stay negatively. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
New Albany, MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very nice hotel. Love that there is a Target behind it and Johnny Carinos beside it! Did not want to stay in Dallas so this was a great location for us. We stay at many HI Express on vacation. This one is nice but the air conditioner unit made me miserable during the night. It is loud and blew onto the bed .I had read this on another review but did not think we would have a problem. I was wrong. Mattressed were not up to normal HI Express quality. Not a good nights rest!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wpdaniel
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Over the past eight years or so, my wife and I have stayed at many of the Waxahachie hotels while attending the Scarbrough Ren Festival. This year we decided to try the Holiday Inn Express because of the nearby restaurants. That convenience is all this hotel has going for it unfortunately.

This place is either aging and definitely showing its age or very high mileage and in need of a bit of refurbishment or both. We booked our room online (king bed with refrigerator and microwave). We never use the microwave but do use the 'fridge. When we entered the room guess what? No refrigerator... only a hole in a cabinet where a refrigerator used to be. My wife called the front desk and was told there was nothing that could be done that night (the hotel was completely booked) but as we were staying for two nights, they could get us a refrigerator the next day. That suggest to me that they may be moving at least one refrigerator from room-to-room rather than equipping each room as it should be equipped.

The bathroom was rather dingy. The steel door frame was starting to rust in the corners. It's nothing that a quick coat of paint couldn't hide but the fact that it's been allowed to get as far as it has tell me that management/ownership isn't examining the rooms often (of at all).

The room furniture looked like it came from a garage sale. The real experience killer was the bed. The mattress was so hard as to be almost impossible to sleep on. I recall thinking that it was rather like sleeping on the ground with only a couple of blankets underneath for padding. My back was sore from the experience.

There are a few other issues that I'll not go into here in the interest of trying to keep this as brief as possible. The bottom line is this: In our experience, all of the hotels in Waxahachie seem to get a lot of traffic but this one is, by far, a lot more tired than the others we've stayed at. We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor away from vending and the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AustinFoodie3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear AustinFoodie3,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments about the bathroom and the room furniture have been documented and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waxahachie
Hampton Inn & Suites Waxahachie
#6 of 11 in Waxahachie
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Red Oak

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!