“Verry good BBQ”
Review of Leon's Real Fine BBQ - CLOSED

Leon's Real Fine BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been here three time before this trying to catch the ribs before they were gone, the fourth time I made it and I can see why they never have any ribs.
They were great, very tender and flavorful. My wife and I travel all over Texas eating BBQ and this place ranks right up there with the legendary places in Lockhart, to give you an idea if you have eaten in Lockhart Leons is not quite as flavorful as Blacks but beats the hell out of Smitty's or Kreuz Market and it is local for us.
I would very much recommend eating here if your in town just come early if you want the ribs.

1  Thank Randall G

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The BBQ is tender and full of flavor. The atmosphere is easy going but you had better get there early. They are only open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and they close when the meat runs out which usually happens around six every afternoon. The portions are good size also. I have yet to be there when there wasn't a line backed up to the door.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

wandered in on a saturday about 11ish...several folks in line..sorta folksy place..and it gets better and better..wife ordered the chicken and beans and potato salad..i ordered a full rack of ribs potato salad and beans..two teas..prices very fair..friendly atmosphere and service courteous and warm..people continue to pile in behind us..i soon learn why! ribs falling off the bone and seasoned well,not overly sweet or sticky..chicken moist and smoked perfectly..salad and beans homemade with love..man..i will SO be back when get even kinda close..only open three days cos they caint grow swine that fast!!!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stopped by Leon's on Sunday and were blown away! The owner & staff were a pleasure to talk to and gave us a little history on the restaurant and how they smoke their meat. We missed out on the ribs (you gotta get there early!) I went with the special of 3 pulled pork tacos w/coleslaw. I don't even like coleslaw and I cleaned the plate. Everything was delicious, the pork had a nice char, it was tender and not the slightest bit fatty and the portions were huge. I also had a side of the "famous" pinto beans, and then got an extra order of them to take home they were that good. I highly recommend anyone looking for some fine "Q" to get to Leon's!

Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

BBQ great. Sausage great. Beans and potato salad home made and great too!l. Only open Friday Saturday and Sunday but worth the wait