“Breakfast or lunch, good country cookin”
Review of R & K Cafe

R & K Cafe
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Weatherford
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Breakfast is consistent from day to day. No issue with quality. On one of three recent visits, the bacon was a bit greasy. Eggs cooked as ordered. Coffee is hot and fresh. On a couple of recent lunch visits, the food was served hot and quality was as expected. Service at lunch is more efficient than at breakfast. Prices are great. Several breakfast specials on the menu that are bargains compared to other places.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We went into this eatery on march 21st. It was quaint as we had driven about 40 miles to get there, I had high expectations. My wife ordered the small ribeye medium rare, and I ordered the "Classic" Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. My wifes steak came out pink on one side and burnt on the other. We sent that back and on the second try they got it right. My "CLASSIC PHILLY CHEESE STEAK" was sliced beef with onions and peppers on TEXAS TOAST!!! I asked the waitress what it was and she stated it was a Philly cheese steak. I said that on the menu it stated it was a "CLASSIC PHILLY CHEESE STEAK, and she said she didnt know what that was. I googled an image of what the menu "SAID" I was getting and she was in awe. She took my sandwich back to the kitchen and brought it back and said the cook said that it was a Texas Style Philly Cheese Steak. I asked why the menu didnt say that. She was visibly getting upset, and I told her it was not her fault. I took a couple of bites and it was terrible. My wifes steak was actually good on the second try. I went to pay and told the cashier that I did not eat my sandwich and would like to have it removed from the ticket because it was misleading. She said, "Thats tough if you didnt like it, this is Texas and thats the way we make it!!" She was EXTREMELY rude and definately not meant for the restaurant business. I paid my tab, walked back to my server, tipped her 10 dollars and left. Wasted trip, wasted gas, wasted time.

1  Thank cnote1955
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had lunch at R & K on our way back home to Dallas. It was fun being in a cafe not part of a national chain. My husband said the chicken fried steak was excellent. My chicken salad was served on a bun. That was different. Homemade cakes and pies were delicious.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you like an old fashioned place to get "home style" cooking this is the place. Reminds me of the original "Blue plate Special". Service is fast and you get all the trimmings including desert with your meal. They have great breakfast specials and the staff truly hauls their butt to get you served.

1  Thank STANLEY M
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Typical town cafe. Tables are very close together. So-so service. Food and prices are good. We will return but won't expect to have an excellent meal and experience.