“nice stay”

Candlewood Suites Weatherford
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Weatherford
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at this motel because of it's location. Extremely satisfied. Desk clerks were the best. Packed house the night we stayed and had a couple of small problems with getting the right room, but hotel staff went above and beyond to make things right. Can't complain at all. Super nice staff and worked hard to make things comfortable for all of us. Rooms were great. Loved the kitchen. Just wished we could have stayed long enough to use and enjoy it. Overall great, clean place to stay. No complaints here.

Room Tip: Be prepared for great service. :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank tonyandpamt

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Hotels today, due to fire codes are limited to # of occupants and we didn't want to spend 100 anight for 2 rooms and the mgr. gave us a GREAT rate to get 2 rooms. When we arrived we were amazed. The staff (every shift) was so nice and helpful, the rooms were so big, like home. Full size refrigerator, dishes supplied, toaster, coffee make, perfect for extended stays. Weight room is open all night and the pool is away so noise will not bother anyone. ANYTHING you need they were willing to accomidate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Christy S
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We booked through Hotwire, so got a cheaper than advertised rate...but it would definitely have been worth the list price anyway!

Room nice and spacious, clean with really comfy bed. Kitchen had all the pots and pans we needed and WalMart was only a ten minute walk away.

Had a problem connecting to WiFi, but tech support very helpful (we have a tablet PC, which they suggested might be the problem as they're less adept at picking up weak signals), but made ample use of the on site business centre instead.

Free laundry another real bonus! Best value place we've stayed at, thanks!

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank thetravellingoctopus
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I booked this room on Priceline for $40 ($52 with tax) for a recent Saturday night. We arrived after a long day of travel and the manager told us he would only offer a room with one queen bed because of the Priceline rate. There were four of us -- me, my husband, and our two exhausted young children. The manager/owner told us he had plenty of extra rooms with kings or two doubles, and he did not plan to sell out that night, but he could not offer us a different room, or a roll away bed. So, my poor husband slept on the floor on a pile of sheets. We were unable to contact Priceline that night, but I spoke with them after the trip and they said the room is completely up to the manager's discretion. I find that most people are kind enough to help others out if they can. This owner wasn't willing to do that. Additionally, the hotel was not clean -- I took my socks off before bed and my feet stuck to the faux hardwood floors in the kitchen area, uck. Also the hotel was filled with people who were drinking and partying and making tons of noise all night -- I think I slept for an hour tops. All morning, wherever you went on the property, there were empty beer bottles. When we took our two young children to the indoor swimming pool, the floors were littered with cigarette butts, beer bottles and bottle caps. We are huge Priceline fans and book a lot of rooms off the site, and this was by far the worst experience we've had.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank J T
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Just made it in from a long trip. Bethany at the front desk was so helpful, prompt, kind and professional. Just the one you'd want checking you in and getting you settled. Our family is going through a relocation to Wheatherford. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly, and resourceful, even to the pets! We are so thankful for the hospitality and how the staff is making our move a smooth one!

Room Tip: We never heard our neighbors, very quiet and spacious rooms. Clean!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I made my reservation the day before and checked TripAdvisor first. There weren’t any reviews yet and I decided that meant it was new and not terrible. I was right (opened 2010) and half-right. It’s much better than terrible, pretty good actually, with a few minor flaws that marred the stay.

I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express and had stayed at one in Denton the night before, so this hotel suffered some from the comparison. The price was quite a bit less (on short notice) and I wanted a kitchen, so I was willing to be adventurous.

Kavita, the desk clerk, was very welcoming and offered me late checkout for being a Priority Club member. My checkin packet had a “please rate us on Tripadvisor” card. Both of those were really nice perks.

The suite was the studio size room and felt cruise-cabin cozy. I tried the Wifi and couldn’t connect due to a timeout server error. I carried my netbook back to the front desk and showed the clerk. She offered me the access code (which I would need if the server asked, but it hadn’t), lent me a very short Ethernet cable, and promised to have someone check it. I was able to make the wired connection, and she called to say I’d need to call Tech Support about the wireless. I decided to nap instead, and when I woke up I tried again, getting a login prompt this time. The rest of the stay I had no problems with Wifi.

When I looked for the channel guide for the TV, I saw that it was warped and stained from someone using it as a coaster. One small beetle ran across the floor. The coffee pot was dirty. None of these problems in themselves are out of the ordinary for a budget room, but all together they were disappointing.

There is a little store run on the honor system that you access with your room key. The selection was outstanding and the prices weren’t crazy-high, but $3.75 for the microwavable individual stew rankled a bit.

Finally, the hotel is very visible from the Interstate but difficult to access if you are west-bound. I took exit 408 and turned south on Main, but there weren’t any Candlewood signs and Alford Drive wasn’t marked on that end. There are many hotels on that corner and I wandered around until I spotted it up on the hill.

Room Tip: book 2 weeks in advance if possible
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
wfdcw, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Weatherford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Mr. kgw86 ,

First let me thank you for our first review it is greatly appreciated that you took your time out of your busy schedule to rate us. Here at our Candlewood facility we strive to be our best so as General Manager I will do my very best to take your advice. Im sorry you have experienced those problems you experienced at our facility. The necessary steps I am going to take is im going to pull out all of the tv channel listings since we did receive our guest directory with the channel line up supplied in it. Also, I have notified pest control,internet technicians, and housekeeping about the other problems you have experienced and I assure you, we will keep trying to please our wonderful customers like you that help us better ourselves by your valued opinions. If you have any questions or comments please dont hesitate to call or email me.

Warm Regards,