“Exceeded expectations”

Motel 6 Weatherford
Motel 6 Weatherford
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Weatherford
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Normally we don't stay in Motel 6, but I read the reviews on this place and thought I'd give it a try. We were greeted right away and with friendliness. When booking online, it didn't give the option to add a discount, but Bob asked us if we had any discounts. My husband showed him his military ID and he gave us the discount. The hotel and room was clean and nice looking. We had 2 queen beds which was comfortable. I had some trouble getting connected to the internet, so Bob gave me some advice and asked me to let him know if everything was ok. When it still wouldn't work, he asked me if I could bring the laptop to him. He showed my husband and I how to fix the problem with ease. We then got to talking about other computer tips and he was very helpful. He made sure everything was fine with the room. The next morning I took a shower & it was heaven - roomy & great water pressure. We were again greeted with friendliness with them making sure the room was good and if we needed anything else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lavender2687
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Weatherford

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Very firm mattress, like sleeping box. Staff watching everything like you gona steal it, very uncomfortable atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Weatherford to simply get away on the 18th of July which as my moms anniversary of her passing. The staff I must admit was great, the hotel was very clean. not many people stayed on either the 18th or 19th yet all the same difference. The only problem I had was the pricing which said on the Motel 6 board 32.99 or 35.99 , cant remember yet I was mis lead by the manager whom told me the first night it would be 52.88 plus tax for the hotel was booked solid so I paid it. Later that evening around 9-10 p.m I had my dog and as I was taking him for a walk I noticed maybe 5-6 cars in the parking lot so I felt cheated and lied to. The second night on July 19, 2011 I just was not thinking and let them get me again for 45.00 plus tax reasoning givin was because having a dog, mind you I had a mini schnauzer was more. Well, I cant say anything bad about the hotel as it was clean, pool was nice but false advertising is to blame for this stay at the Motel 6 in Weatherford, Texas and I got a variety if reasons why the 32.95 or 35.95 rate did not apply, first it was thats for only people that stayed a week. I called corporate and told them that paying 111.00 for 2 nights at the Motel 6 ,which had not fridge,microwave,or hairdryer was price gaudging and as usual the manager has failed to get back to me and settle the difference . In fact i looked up the exact same room I had and it was 36.99 on-line. So, bottom line is hotel was clean but come to find out the owners were very dis honest and did not even try to make a effort to resolve this issue so I got duked.. But I have options and plan to use thm....False advertising can be pretty serious offence. Just Preceed with caution when it comes to paying for a simple ,basic, plain room. This Motel 6 did not follow what Tom Bodite the spokesman on all the commercials stand for. And apparantly every guest is offered a discount coupon to one of the local breakfast restaraunts and not one time out of my two days there was I offered one. And yes I cover my basis when it comes to making sure I have pictures and I took my pictures of room before I touched anything and of the sign that said 32.99 or 35.99, just cant remember.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel is fairly new so it looks really clean. Our room was comfortable. Good price. No hairdryer.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 29 June 2011

After reading the reviews of the hotels in Weatherford, Tx, I allowed Tom Bodett to entice me into Motel 6 to see if the lights were really on for me. This is the first Motel 6 in which I’ve stayed in many years, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is located in the midst of several motels with eating establishment in the near vicinity. It has good curb appeal with flowers under the portico. The facility seems to be fairly new.

The lobby is small, and clean, but adequate with coffee for guests. The desk attendant was friendly and booked my room without incident. He assured me that the management was proud of the reviews that had been published. They took pride in their housekeeping staff.

Indeed, the room was clean, and the bathroom was larger than expected, and it was spotless. The beds and pillows were comfortable. There was cable TV, a small refrigerator, and free local calls. Although we did not use it, there was a small outdoor pool. Our stay here was quiet and comfortable.

Bodett was correct this time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Newly renovated, great price , room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The general manager Bob and his wife were very helpful from where to eat to where to take my dry cleaning in town. I would recommend this motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2011

When we travel, we look for clean, safe, moderate priced rooms. This hotel is a well-managed, excellent value. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable with fresh, crisp sheets, the water pressure in the shower was good, and the air conditioner was cold. There were plenty of pillows and towels and there was a microwave and small frig in the room. We had a good night's sleep for ~$55. In my book, that's about the best you can ask for.

Room Tip: Review based on room 103.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple