“Surprise! Best Sleep Inn”

Clarion Inn and Suites Weatherford
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Weatherford
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This is the nicest Sleep Inn I ever stayed in, usually use Comfort Suites, but saw it was a newer hotel and liked the pictures. I had a nice suite with sofa bed, flat screen TV, fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The bed was very comfortable, nice bath. I noticed a minor maintenance problem. The construction makes it a little difficult but there are plenty of restaurants, stores and a nice movie theatre in Weatherford. Good breakfast choices, friendly service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2011

I have traveled all over the USA and this hotel management is by far the worse I have ever encountered. I had purchased a room on line and when I arrived I was told I had reserved a smoking room (that was not true) and that if I wanted a non smoking room it would be 20.00 more for the night. They put a 40.00 charge on my card for the non smoking room which was not correct. This place is family owned, their communication is poor and their English worse. The parking lot was mostly empty and the place could use business. The manager argued with me and was demeaning. It took over 45 mins to finally get a room. Heather the clerk up front is merely a transparency who the managers control through. She could not make a decision or move me to a non smoking room with out consulting the management. So I unpack and am in bed with a do not disturb on the door at 10:30pm, when the phone starts ringing. It was heather at the front desk who informed me that the manager was refunding 12.00 of the 40.00 she put on my card.
I said I have had enough of your rude behavior. I was trying to sleep. Please do not call my room again. I was so upset and unable to sleep that I literally got up and packed and left the hotel. I could not believe the lack of professionalism and their manners. The worst customer service I have seen. Classic bait and switch. You pay for room and when you get there prices go up for non smoking . That is so wrong, that is price gouging, and pure rip off especially when my hotel was prepaid online. I would not stay there and support that family for anything. Bad Bad experience that was uncalled for. Do Not Stay At this hotel and expect things to be correct! Very sad commentary on customer service. BTW the room was cheesy as well with an old worn sofa. Bait and switch game going on at this hotel so stay clear of it.

Room Tip: sofa was old and ugly in room. Room air conditioning was not working well and the room was hot. Tow...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank khiquita
Reviewed 17 May 2011

The motel is surrounded by other motels and shops etc. Parking was fine but there may be problems if the motel is fully booked - it was very quiet when we stayed. The room was spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable too. The hot tub and pool also were clean and well maintained. All in all a good stay for us!

The only downside that may affect some is that there was no fly screen on the window that may make it dangerous for those with children.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We had a very good trip the staff was very nice and it was very clean we really enjoyed our stay we had the bottom floor next to the pool. We told our friends about the sleep inn,We would recommend it too anybody i would give it five stars....

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I stayed here overnight on a cross-country trip, as it was mid-way between my departure and destination. This is one of the newer members of the "Choice Hotels" collection, and was an excellent place to overnight. The hotel is near the highway, but quiet. There are several family-style restaurants within a walk from the hotel, even more within a short drive. The desk manager was professional and welcoming. The hotel has an indoor pool, nicely heated for those of us who don't like cold water, AND they had foam "noodles" and balls available for pool patrons' use, so I could do a water aerobics routine. There was a hot tub next to the pool. The free breakfast was nothing special, but it WAS available and saved me both time and money. The WiFi worked well in my room. I would definitely stay here again the next time I drive through.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan A
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I stayed at this Sleep Inn last month while attending my Grandfather's funeral. I was very impressed for the price, it was a truly great stay! Clean rooms, friendly service, free breakfast...it worked great for us. There is also lots of places nearby that could come in handy; restaurants (Taco Bueno, Taco Bell, McD's, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc), a gas station, Super Walmart, Starbucks, etc!

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Stayed there 2 nights during the Peach Festival. Great location, walking distance to many restaurants and Wal-mart just across the street. Close to downtown Weatherford. Easy access just off the highway. Our room was on ground floor with two double beds. Room crowded with an easy chair and ottoman and the desk/chair. Not sure why there was an easy chair and ottoman, blocked the access to that side of the bed. The desk and its chair when used also blocks access to the closet and a/c unit. room was crowded with all this furniture. We did setup a crib for the youngster also that did not block any access. Impressed there was a ceiling fan which we helped cool down the room. Large bathroom with all amenities. Laundry and vending areas clean and new. Breakfast buffet was great, waffle maker worked ok, fresh fruit and pastries avail. Also scrambled egg patties, sausage, bisquit/gravy and cold cereal avail. Constantly being refreshed by friendly staff. The OJ was actually good for a motel. Entire hotel was clean and the service was very friendly. Front desk girl didn't know much about the area and couldn't tell us where Dennys was when it was actually just behind the motel. Fridge and microwave are standard in all rooms. Indoor pool was very warm- too warm to swim in, in 100+ degree heat outside. Wished they had an outdoor pool to cool off in, in the summer. Wouldn't stay here again in summer time without an outdoor pool. The entire hotel was pretty clean, except I noticed they did not clean or vacuum under bedskirts, so there was old food there from previous guests. Also, smell of cigerette smoke came in through the vents/AC unit from other rooms. Could be bad for people allergic to this smoke. No problem getting internet access for laptop from room. Ice machine on ground floor works very well. I've never seen ice come out that fast from a motel ice machine before. :)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple