I agree with everyone that is raving about this being the best hotel experience as we found the same when we stayed here for 5 nights. We were on a family vacation and the original reason for booking this place was the location (close to the Space Center) and the fact that the rooms have kitchen facilities. I was expecting somewhere very nice but even after all the great reviews, I was still blown away.
The free daily breakfast was a big hit - especially that oft-mentioned Texas waffle! Not just was there a lot of variety every day, the staff went out of their way to make sure that we were happy. We were only fortunate to have the free dinner on one of our evenings and based on this short experience it was great, including that free beer/wine on tap. Once again the staff were determined to make sure that we had everything that we needed and maybe even more: we left the dinner table with takeaway cookies!
As for the facilities, the pool and grounds were very well taken care of, the laundry room was a great bonus (great dryers!) and the rooms themselves were very clean, very spacious and with enough room for 2 adults + 2 children. The big closet was great and the bathroom was lovely and large. The beds were SO comfortable and the pillows are among the best pillows I have ever slept on anywhere in the world. I really miss that lovely bed and those amazing pillows...
The location is also very good as others have mentioned and is within very close distance of lots of places to eat (some within walking distance) and the area is very nice and has a lot of shopping opportunities as well as restaurants. It is also very close to I45 for trips to downtown Houston and also very close to Space Center which was the original motivation for the location.
All in all, we were very happy there and a special mention should go to the front desk staff (especially India) and those wonderful and yummy complimentary cookies every afternoon. We loved it here and would return any time. We wouldn't stay anywhere else and will definitely look out for Staybridge Suites when we return to the States.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Houston/NASA Clear Lake! Your large, upscale suite awaits with a fully-furnished kitchen, luxurious Plush Paradise beds, and LCD TV with HDTV. Start your day off with a delicious and hot complimentary breakfast and end it relaxing at the Just Like Home Theater or putting green! For the active traveler, jumpstart your day at our club level fitness center and end it relaxing in our saltwater resort pool/hot tub! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Houston / Nasa - Clear Lake Hotel Webster
- Staybridge Suites Webster
- Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake Webster, Big Bend National Park, TX