Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsputting greenfree dinnerfree laundryhome away from homefront deskbedroom suitelaundry roomcookiesan extended staywalk in showerwine beerpool areahighly recommend staying herewashers and dryersmovie theaterevery morninghotel experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2010

Overall I'd say the hotel stay was no better than average. The room was dirty, pubic hairs in shower, sink and on the floor. They didn't change the sheets on the pull out bed (at least they left clean ones in the closet). Dirty towel in kitchen area and a juice drinker (young one) spilled juice in multiple areas in room that weren't wiped clean. It was obvious the housekeeping staff was either rushed or just lazy and they missed some obvious cleaning up (did the vacuum break or did you mean to leave the cereal on the floor).

Rest of the amenities were reasonable but again obvious that housekeeping budget was minimal (floors in hallway/common areas were always sticky and had the appearance that they get mopped no more than once a day).

Oddly, some guests preferred to eat the complimentary breakfast in pajamas and socks/slippers as if they rolled out of bed and forgot they were on vacation. I guess its a good thing but I considered it poor taste.

I don't plan to go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank bzybees
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for his job. We stayed here in August 2009 and really enjoyed our stay the first time. We returned this month, for business, and truly enjoy the service, the "newness" of the hotel, and it's very quiet. It's very clean and new. The beds are super comfortable and they give you a lot of pillows and blankets. We had a 1 bedroom suite which includes a kitchen/bar and living room area. My husband requested a king bed suite, but they didn't have one and put us in a 2 queen suite. I was diappointed, but the beds were so comfortable, it didn't bother me to much. I have been very impressed by this hotel. My husband had to take a test (outside) for his job and forgot a chair. The lady at the front desk offered a chair out of her own car to help him out. This helped him not to have to stand for hours while taking his test. (that was very sweet) I recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2009

One of the best places we have ever stayed. Our room had a sink,dishwasher,fridge,microwave,and a great bed. It was very clean and wl furnished. We wish our bedroom at home were this nice. Great breakfast too!
All this for under $100.00.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We stayed here for almost 9 weeks when we sold our house early and had to stay in Houston for a while longer. It was a fantastic place to stay. All of the staff were wonderful, the room was great and the amenities (fitness center, pool, breakfast, etc.) were top notch. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank KaperKate
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We squeezed in a short road trip, right before school starting. Two of my three kids are starting public school this fall, so this was the last chance before being a slave to the school year calendar. I typically stay on Galveston Island, on the beach, but reading all the reviews scared me off. I guess they haven't fully recovered from the hurricane yet. After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was hopeful.

The first thing you will notice is the cheerful attitude of the staff. They must put something in their water, because they were all smiles and very friendly. And not the fake hotel clerk friendly either, the real deal, and they honestly tried to help you in anyway possible. The second thing you will notice is all the real amenities, not just fake ones listed in a brochure. The actually had clean, working, washer and dryers, pool, movie room, etc. The movie room came in handy when it rained, the pool was great for burning off the kids energy, and the free laundry was great for after the trips to the beach (a 20 minute drive). The free breakfast was a great time saver that let us be first in line at all attractions. The free dinner Tues-Thurs was a great backup plan if we needed to rest before heading out to evening hot spots. They even had free beer on tap and wine in carafes at dinner, not that I'm a big drinker. The full kitchen with real dishes and silverware allowed us to save a lot of money on feeding the troops. The layout of the rooms was excellent. We did one double queen and one single king, which worked out great because it gave us one shower and one bathtub (in the queen). With two queens and a pullout bed, that is serious sleeping capacity per room.

We do not have pets, or travel with pets, but I noticed a Paris Hilton look alike with a dog roaming the halls, so I guess it is allowed. My oldest is allergic to dogs, so I told her I would not go in the elevator with her, and she was very nice and said she would wait for the next one, so no biggie.

If I had to nit pick and try to find something wrong, the only thing I can think of is the TV in my bedroom would kick off when the AC cycled on. But, it was a Samsung flat screen, and this particular model is known for being sensitive to line voltage. The ones in grandma's room did not do this.

Overall, best hotel experience ever. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family