All reviewsfront deskstrip mallnice clean roomsnext morningbay area blvdwithin walking distancebreakfast servicebusiness meetingjohnson space centerstaff was friendlypool and hot tubshort drivehoustonnasapillowscruisekemah
Reviewed 1 October 2012

After a not so good experience with Holiday Inn at Hobby airport, I booked this hotel (AAA rate) for a weekend trip to houston. this is a recently renovated hotel and is located just off 45. the location is very good, hardly 3mi to Space Center and less than 10 to Kemah. There are 100s of restaurants in various cuisines nearby and you can walk to all of them!

Cons
- no breakfast on the house. not too many options; being a vegetarian, i was left fumbling between different cereals and bread
- i expected at least one bottle of water in the room - there were none.

Room Tip: the even numbered rooms have a view of the rear side of the hotel from where you can see lots of greenery. the odd numbered rooms face the parking lot!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were given a key to a room where we walked in an that room was still being occupied. While we didn't stumble across anything embarrassing it still wasn't a pleasant experience. The young girl at the counter upgraded us to a king suite at no charge, was sincerely apologetic an called shortly after up to our new room to make sure we were satisfied. This hotel was very clean with the exception of the hall way carpets. New an modern and great breakfast. Definitely would come back

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The good things :-

1. Excellent Location. Very close to 100's of eating joints of different kinds. A boon for anyone without a car staying here. You also have National car rental within walking distance and also some stores.

2. The room is neat, clean, adequate for short stays.

3. Complimentary coffee in the lobby.

4. Free Parking.

5. Friendly staff

The bad :-

1. For 2 days their internet was NOT working. I did not have a usb stick. It was just horrible. I stayed in Aug'12 and they gave me some illogical excuse that their is a storm in Chicago and their server is down because of it. It was extremely difficult. As I had to book my return international flights. I had to use my 3 g iphone to do it all. But iphone is iphone. When you are buying a 1500 us$ ticket, you prefer to do it on a big screen! I called them several times to rectify but they did not. Its ridiculous you are running a 3 star hotel and have just one internet provider for your guests. If that provider fails, you are done!

2. They were understaffed. I had a problem with the AC. They did not have a engineer or someone to come over and have a look. They asked me to come down, take a new key and shift to another room! And this was in the afternoon time on a weekday!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear A S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness, location and staff.

However, We’re sorry about the Internet Connection and the faulty air conditioning during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Our family of 5 stayed there for 3 days and never encountered one problem. Floyd was super nice at check-in. The hotel is super clean and quiet. We did have to fuss with the a/c a little bit but it was no big deal. Beds are comfy and come with 4 pillows each.

On a side note: this hotel is very easy to miss, the Holiday Inn sign is down on the ground. So you will see the hotel but have to be on the look out for the entrance.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband, kids and grand kids stayed here from June 14 through June 17 the hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. We were only minutes away from the Houston-Galveston area attractions. The only thing missing was a complimentary breakfast. We will glady stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family