Property looks nice but the staff and service are horrible. We were there for a 2 night stay. They didn't do any housekeeping on the second day. We came back from the beach late in the evening to find that we didn't have clean towels or soap to take a shower. I called front desk and they said they wold send someone to take care of it but no one showed up for 30 mins. I called again and the guy at the front desk (Ray) says he has no way of contacting housekeeping since they were off on their rounds - I guess they have not heard of phones or radios. I wait another 30 mins, no one shows up. My kids were tired and went to sleep in unmade beds by that time. So I called again and Ray still wasn't sure when housekeeping would get to us. I asked them not to bother as kids were already off to sleep. I asked Ray to make a note of what had happened so that I could talk to the manager in the morning.
We were really frustrated and felt like we were staying in a cheap $50 motel. I went down the next morning to complain and found that Ray was on duty again (double shifts?). He didn't really want to do anything about what had happened. I asked for a refund because I didn't think I should have to pay for such crappy service and unmade rooms with no clean towels or soap. He called his manager who said she would give me 50% off for the inconvenience but when we checked out it turned out that they only gave me 50% off for one night rather than taking the full day off or giving 50% off the full bill. I asked Ray for a copy of his log so I could send it to Holiday Inn customer service but he refused. Even refused to get on the phone with Customer Service.
The breakfast was a joke. The waiter didn't come by to our table for 20 mins and was happily serving other people who came after us.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Only Full Service Hotel in Webster, TX that offers a Restaurant and lounge and is conveniently located on Bay Area Blvd, only 3 miles from NASA Johnson Space Center and within walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. Our central location provides easy access to a number of recreational activities. Stroll through Armand Bayou Nature Center, watch the boats on the Kemah Boardwalk, go Shopping at Baybrook Mall, or relax on the water at Clear Lake Park. The San Jacinto Monument, Battleship Texas, and Big League Dreams Park are just a short drive away. The beaches of Galveston Island and the excitement of Downtown Houston are just two places nearby not to miss while visiting. Business travelers will appreciate our free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, as well as copy and fax services. University of Houston Clear Lake, BP, Boeing, ExxonMobil, Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Engineering, NASA Johnson Space Center, Ellington field and Sekisui Chemical are just a few of the companies that call Houston Clear Lake home. Relax in your own elegant room featuring stylish decor and amenities, and the best night's sleep you've had in weeks. If you're hungry, you can head downstairs to our Sunny's Restaurant & Bar or receive room service in your room. Enjoy a swim in our heated pool with hot tub or energize in our 24 hour fitness center. We're here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Houston Clear Lake a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Houston - Webster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Houston - Webster Hotel Webster
- Holiday Inn Houston - Webster Big Bend National Park, TX