All reviews front desk strip mall nice clean rooms next morning bay area blvd within walking distance breakfast service business meeting johnson space center staff was friendly short drive houston nasa cruise pillows kemah harvey
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. Near restaurants a bowling alley shops and more. The staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful. The room was clean and a perfect size. The beds are comfortable and the sheets and pillows were very clean. The pool and fitness center are open 24 hours. The hot tub was awesomeand the pool was perfect. The breakfast was delicious. The waiter was very attentive and the omlets were yummy. I would recommend staying here if you are in the Webster area.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank smahan6
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback!!!!!! We are delighted to hear that we were successful with providing you excellent service. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at this property near my home due to home maintenance issues. It is somewhat easy to miss the entrance road (off from Bay Area Blvd.) is you are not familiar with the area. There is abundant parking space, a large lobby and reception area, and in addition to the on property restaurant (which I did not try), this property is within walking distance of many popular restaurants. I was recognized as a "Priority Club" member at check in, and given an upgraded room and a snack bag. This is a relatively new property (less than five years old), and my suite was spacious, modern, and comfortable. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but had a wonderful showerhead. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and although the room temperature was a bit chilly when I checked in, the thermostat worked great and my room warmed up in a hurry. Front desk and room attendants were all very polite and helpful. My Internet connection worked great, but I was a bit disappointed that the spa was out of service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rjmlem

We truly appreciate the awesome feedback as far as our service. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in reference to our spa. At the time of your stay, we had to do some repairs in that area. The spa is up & running, & we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Check-In was a bit rough, the front desk agent wasn't very attentive!!! On a good note Check-In was the ONLY issue we encountered throughout our 3 night stay. The rooms were PERFECT, breakfast was PERFECT, the staff (with the exception of the front desk agent who checked us in) was PERFECT & of course it was the PERFECT LOCATION. We'll be back for future trips!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jram730

Dear Jram 730,

Thank you for your positive feedback!!!!! I truly apologize for your check in experience & I personally wanted you to know that your concerns have been addressed. We are continually reviewing every department & Guest Feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the area, you will allow us to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

First impressions - very good. Front desk service was excellent.
Everything looked very new as only open 3 years. Modern lobby area with evening drinks & snacks (which we didn't get the chance to sample as visiting family).
Our room was a little on the small side. Beds were very comfortable with choice of pillows.
Unfortunately my bed was very noisy- creaked every time I moved and couldn't find out why.
We had to unplug the fridge & turn off the ventilation system as they also made a terrible racket.
Bear in mind that the railroad passes VERY close to the hotel - not a problem during the day, but if you're a light sleeper, the trains 'tooting' at 3am got very annoying.
Also, the walls and floors are very thin - we could hear the guests above us walking around their room and the water system next door woke us up at 5am each morning (presumably when they got up & showered).

On the plus there is a plethora of eateries within walking distance & even more if you have a car - try the Egg & I or La Madeleine for great breakfast options (as the hotel doesn't offer complimentary brekkie).

Would probably stay here again if in the area, despite the noise problems - would ask for a room away from the lift and on the top floor.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Brit-Born-Cyp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Brit-Born-Cyp,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns and for choosing our property. It is nice to know that you found our front desk service to be excellent. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 October 2012

After a not so good experience with Holiday Inn at Hobby airport, I booked this hotel (AAA rate) for a weekend trip to houston. this is a recently renovated hotel and is located just off 45. the location is very good, hardly 3mi to Space Center and less than 10 to Kemah. There are 100s of restaurants in various cuisines nearby and you can walk to all of them!

Cons
- no breakfast on the house. not too many options; being a vegetarian, i was left fumbling between different cereals and bread
- i expected at least one bottle of water in the room - there were none.

Room Tip: the even numbered rooms have a view of the rear side of the hotel from where you can see lots of greenery. the odd numbered rooms face the parking lot!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family