All reviewsfront deskstrip mallnice clean roomsnext morningbay area blvdwithin walking distancebreakfast servicebusiness meetingjohnson space centerstaff was friendlypool and hot tubshort drivehoustonnasapillowscruisekemah
Reviewed 15 April 2013

NO FREE BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's not worth the money to pay for it. Go next door to Sonic.
Great location! It's literally just three blocks away, with none of the highway traffic.
Surrounded by great restaurants and chains (Sonic/Chipotle) you can walk to or you can drive to Lupe Tortilla or Thai Cottage.
There is even a bowling alley next door!
Four minute drive to the mall!
The indoor pool was over-chlorinated and closed often.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Tiffany R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hi sarahbyu1!
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster! I apologize for any expectations that were not met with breakfast or the pool. It is a standard for full-service Holiday Inns to provide a full breakfast buffet rather than a free Continental breakfast, but I do apologize if you were not informed of those standards at the time of booking or check-in. I am, however, so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and it's proximity to all sorts of restaurants, entertainment, and the Johnson Space Center! We would love to have you and your family stay with us again in the future if you are ever in the Houston, Webster, or Clear Lake areas!

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel on Hotwire and was very pleased! We got it for a great price, and we were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean, modern, and very well kept. The lobby was beautiful, and the front desk people were friendly and helpful. They always greeted you with a smile. The room was very nice, beds were comfortable, and they had 4 pillows on each bed that were labeled "firm or soft" so you had a choice. The flat screen tv had lots of channels including 4 HBOs. It had all the amenities including a fridge and microwave. The a/c worked great and the view was nice. Loved the coconut lime toiletries they smelled awesome! This gets 5 stars from me, and is highly recommended. We loved it!

• Stayed: March 2013
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We strive to provide excellent service & to make your stay a home away from home @ all times. We are so delighted to hear your approval of the Coconut Lime Toiletries. This gives us great pleasure in knowing that you are 100% satisfied!!! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Property looks nice but the staff and service are horrible. We were there for a 2 night stay. They didn't do any housekeeping on the second day. We came back from the beach late in the evening to find that we didn't have clean towels or soap to take a shower. I called front desk and they said they wold send someone to take care of it but no one showed up for 30 mins. I called again and the guy at the front desk (Ray) says he has no way of contacting housekeeping since they were off on their rounds - I guess they have not heard of phones or radios. I wait another 30 mins, no one shows up. My kids were tired and went to sleep in unmade beds by that time. So I called again and Ray still wasn't sure when housekeeping would get to us. I asked them not to bother as kids were already off to sleep. I asked Ray to make a note of what had happened so that I could talk to the manager in the morning.

We were really frustrated and felt like we were staying in a cheap $50 motel. I went down the next morning to complain and found that Ray was on duty again (double shifts?). He didn't really want to do anything about what had happened. I asked for a refund because I didn't think I should have to pay for such crappy service and unmade rooms with no clean towels or soap. He called his manager who said she would give me 50% off for the inconvenience but when we checked out it turned out that they only gave me 50% off for one night rather than taking the full day off or giving 50% off the full bill. I asked Ray for a copy of his log so I could send it to Holiday Inn customer service but he refused. Even refused to get on the phone with Customer Service.

The breakfast was a joke. The waiter didn't come by to our table for 20 mins and was happily serving other people who came after us.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

While it is true that our housekeepers will not enter a room with a Do Not Disturb posted on the door at any time, I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your spring break stay. It is our goal to consistently provide the superior service and accommodations to all our guests that has resulted in us being ranked number 1 in the Houston region for our guest service scores. I also want to apologize that the compensation given of 50% off the night’s rate also fell below expectation.

As we value both your safety and security as well as the safety and security of our other guests, the front desk agents are unfortunately not allowed to make full copies of any logs that contain confidential and private information of our other guests, as it would create a create a life safety issue. However, I will reach out to you offline to see if there is anything more I can personally do to further make amends. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Respectfully,

Tiffany Rolland

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. Near restaurants a bowling alley shops and more. The staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful. The room was clean and a perfect size. The beds are comfortable and the sheets and pillows were very clean. The pool and fitness center are open 24 hours. The hot tub was awesomeand the pool was perfect. The breakfast was delicious. The waiter was very attentive and the omlets were yummy. I would recommend staying here if you are in the Webster area.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank smahan6

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback!!!!!! We are delighted to hear that we were successful with providing you excellent service. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at this property near my home due to home maintenance issues. It is somewhat easy to miss the entrance road (off from Bay Area Blvd.) is you are not familiar with the area. There is abundant parking space, a large lobby and reception area, and in addition to the on property restaurant (which I did not try), this property is within walking distance of many popular restaurants. I was recognized as a "Priority Club" member at check in, and given an upgraded room and a snack bag. This is a relatively new property (less than five years old), and my suite was spacious, modern, and comfortable. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but had a wonderful showerhead. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and although the room temperature was a bit chilly when I checked in, the thermostat worked great and my room warmed up in a hurry. Front desk and room attendants were all very polite and helpful. My Internet connection worked great, but I was a bit disappointed that the spa was out of service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rjmlem

We truly appreciate the awesome feedback as far as our service. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in reference to our spa. At the time of your stay, we had to do some repairs in that area. The spa is up & running, & we look forward to seeing you soon.