“Great Place”

Holiday Inn Houston - Webster
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed 8 July 2014

WARNING! WARNING!
First a warning and then the review. If you are given room 412 to stay in please be aware that when you get of of the elevator on the 4th floor and proceed toward room 412 the even numbered room are on the right and the odd numbered rooms are on the left. Now we are walking down the hall past 418, then 416, then 414, then 410. Whoa how did I miss 412? Turn around go past 410 and the next room is 414. Wife looks on the other side of the hall and there is 412. It is the only even numbered room on that side of the hall. You have been warned.

This is a really great place to stay and room 412 was one of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Very spacious room that could easily handle visitors if need be. King size bed was very comfortable, very clean especially the bathroom and seemed to be well insulated as we heard no noise what so ever. Staff was very efficient (except being able to explain the ever room on the odd side) and we will definitely stay here again when we come to this area. Good location, convenient to local attractions, shopping and restaurants. Checking the price here and other hotels in the area, this is definitely to the on to book your stay.

Room Tip: Room 412 or another like it, especially if you have kids as there is a sleeper sofa in the room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasTraveler78641
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Texas Traveler78641,

Thanks for staying with us, and then thank you for taking the time to write your review, a very good review at that. We appreciate all of your compliments about the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster, your room, and our staff. And I will make sure to share them with our staff.
Now, I must first WARN you before I go any further that I to do not know why some of the rooms to not follow logical pattern of numbering either , but I'm sure that there must be an awesome reason for it. Tell you what, I will get the staff investigating the issue, heck, maybe we will even request some assistance from our neighbor - NASA; I know that they have some pretty smart people over there. If anything, and as you mentioned, we need to at least come up with a way to explain the sequential variance.
Finally, I am glad that you were so impressed with our hotel, that we will be seeing you again. Until then, pleasant travels.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We thought the hotel was nice. There was an mildew odor in our room which does take away from the experience. I did think the staff was really great and very friendly. I'd rate the staff with a 5. It's unfortunate that the smell in our room took away from the stay because it was otherwise a well kept up hotel. One person who really stuck out was Hector. He was our server for breakfast all 4 days. He was not only kind but incredibly helpful and accommodating to us. We were running late so he quickly got us to go boxes so we could grab a muffin and coffee and rush out. I liked him very much. I'd give him a 5 PLUS star rating. Just a kind and nice gentleman.

Room Tip: Great free wifi. I was impressed with the speed for no additional charge. Very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Amybaileymiller,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am glad to read that you thought our hotel was nice and that you thought the staff was great and friendly. I will make sure to share your comments with them. However, I do apologize for falling short of our goal of providing you with a great guest room experience. I take your comments seriously and have since shared them with maintenance and housekeeping staff. As far as Hector, we are pleased to have him on our staff, and we thank you for recognizing him. As you mentioned, he is a very thoughtful and pleasant young man, and we are fortunate that he is on our team. Hopefully, you will consider us once again if you are ever in the Houston-Clear Lake area.

Tiffany R - General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here in late June for a quick weekend getaway before our son is born. We had a late check in (10:30pm) which was very quick and efficient. The room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. We both need noise to sleep, and you could keep the fan on the A/C blowing contantly, so that was helpful. The only reason why I can't give the hotel a 5 star review (and it's not the hotel's fault) is that we had a noise problem the 2nd night. Between 9:30-11pm the people in the room above us sounded like they were stomping or running back and forth (much louder than normal walking). Around 10:15 we called the front desk and they must've called the people above us because it stopped for about 15-20 min. After that the noise started up again, but stopped right before we were going to call again. Then at 6:30 in the morning the people above us were noisy again - loud enough to wake us up. Besides the noise, I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel or service we received.

Hotel is about 5-10 minutes from NASA, 35 min from Galveston beaches, and 15 min from the Kemah Boardwalk - very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Cameron C,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster. I am glad to read that you and your wife had a nice, comfortable stay here. Weekend nights during the summer can sometimes be our busiest nights and occasionally the gatherings in some rooms can get a little rambunctious. I am sorry that this happened while you were our guest, but appreciate the fact that you recognized that we tried to do our best. I am glad that you were not deterred by the actions of some. We look forward to hosting you and your wife again in the future, and thank you for staying with us.

Tiffany R - General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and spacious but the bathroom was very small. The beds were comfortable but for someone short like myself they were a little too high off the floor. There was a bar and restaurant onsite. The bar was well equipped and offered very good French wines and was very generous with the portions. The restaurant was ok. The breakfast buffet was cold but offered eggs cooked to your choice except on the last morning I was there. The server seemed very overwhelmed and forgot to mention the eggs. I would stay there again because of the staff, the location, and the good wine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jma1234
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear jma1234,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and your observations. I am so glad to read that you liked the friendliness of our staff and found them helpful. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our bar, and in particular, the Le Versant Pinot Noir, which is one of my personal favorites too; it is a great value wine from France. However, I do want to apologize about your less than satisfactory experience in our restaurant. We take our guest comments seriously and your review will be used to make improvements in our offered products and services.

It is good to know that you would stay here again, so we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spent a week here for business. I was in room 201. It is an outstanding room. The room was new and well furnished. The bed was comfortable and had a selection of 2 firm and 2 soft pillows on the bed. Lighting was good and they have both wired and wireless Internet access. The cooling system worked fine. The room has a small refrigerator and microwave which is a great touch. The bathroom was large (for hotel) standards and there was plenty of hot water. Water pressure was average but sufficient.

Check-in and check-out were fast and easy. They have a small sundry shop with food, drinks, and other items. There is a great laundry facility on the second floor. The pool is small and indoors and was in use by many families that looked like they were having fun. They have a good sized spa but the treadmills were out of order and had been for many weeks. I find that to be an issue if it weren’t summer.

There are many restaurants within a 10 minute walk and several in the same parking area. There is a mall and Target within 5 minute drive with shopping and additional restaurants. You are close to I-45. Great location, friendly staff, comfortable rooms. Great deal for the price I paid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Stargazerm31,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I would also like to thank you for staying with us, and I was glad to hear that you enjoyed many of our hotel's features and amenities. The satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority, so I do want to sincerely apologize for the issue with our treadmills. Hopefully, the next time that you our in the Houston-Webster area, we will see you again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We recently stayed here for four nights. While the location was convenient to our needs, the service staff leaves a lot to be desired. On two of the days that we stayed here, getting the room cleaned was an ordeal. The first day, bathroom linens were not provided, which necessitated a trip to the front desk. The second day, we returned to our room at 3:15 PM and the room had not been cleaned. An hour after requesting that the room be cleaned, nothing had been done. After another trip to the front desk, the cleaning crew started to clean our room, but did not finish the job. Finally, I went and found a cleaning supervisor and made them come and finish the room at 5:45 PM. I don't understand why management could not have the rooms of overstaying guests cleaned before rooms that were obviously going to be vacant for the night. The hotel had maybe a dozen guests that night. We will not return to this hotel for this reason. Management needs to do a better job of supervising their staff.

Room Tip: If you stay here more than one night, demand that the room be cleaned first thing in the morning. M...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Robert C,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster staff and management team, I'd like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on several aspects of your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your honesty and feedback, and take comments such as these very seriously.

I would love to hear more about your stay. Please do not hesitate to call me at your convenience. I hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,

Tiffany Rolland
281.335.6272 x 105

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very often we use this hotel because We like the cleanliness of the rooms and specially the attention given by the employees.
Maria is always willing to help us when we need directions.
Thanks Maria keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Very good place to stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Thelma M,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued, repeat guests and appreciate your continued patronage. Thanks for recognizing Maria. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tiffany R