“Nice staff and very clean!”

Holiday Inn Houston - Webster
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Webster
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice staff and very clean!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights over the weekend in an executive room. It was HUGE! The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The staff was friendly, especially Hilary at the front desk. There were moments when I could hear kids running around in the room above us, but you kind of have to expect that kind if thing when you stay at a hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Cassie R,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room, and that you found Hillary to be very friendly. By the way, I will make sure to share your comments with her.

I do sincerely apologize for the noise challenges you have encountered. We have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We value your business and as always we remain at your disposal.

Tiffany R - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice and has a restaurant. The rooms smell like mildew a little bit. However if you kick the ac down and make it cold The smell disappears. Other than that the place is nice and worth staying.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Dennis W,

Thank you for staying with with, and then taking the time to write a review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our hotel; however, I do apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced while you were here. I must say that your solution was the correct one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Point Pleasant, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at this property in June. The hotel is very nice and sets back from the interstate which minimizes the road noise. Property is very clean and well maintained and the staff was friendly. I would stay here again because the hotel is nice.
The only problem we experienced were school children guests who apparently were not taught basic hotel etiquette prior to arrival. The hotel was aware of this group’s arrival date and had delivered letters to the other guests advising them if they experienced noise issues to contact the front desk. After repeated calls to complain of slamming doors and screaming kids running in the halls, the hotel apparently was able to restore order. It was after midnight when we finally had quiet. I hope the hotel management learned from this experience and will set hotel expectations for other group events.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear WV_Traveler25550,

I would like to personally thank you for sharing your comments about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster. I am glad to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and that you found our hotel convenient and nice.

I can honestly tell you that your feedback is very important for us, and is the best way to improve and provide our clients with our best service. All your comments and impressions are taken into consideration, following our continuous improvement plan.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the future and have the opportunity to meet all your expectations. Until then, safe travels.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

WARNING! WARNING!
First a warning and then the review. If you are given room 412 to stay in please be aware that when you get of of the elevator on the 4th floor and proceed toward room 412 the even numbered room are on the right and the odd numbered rooms are on the left. Now we are walking down the hall past 418, then 416, then 414, then 410. Whoa how did I miss 412? Turn around go past 410 and the next room is 414. Wife looks on the other side of the hall and there is 412. It is the only even numbered room on that side of the hall. You have been warned.

This is a really great place to stay and room 412 was one of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Very spacious room that could easily handle visitors if need be. King size bed was very comfortable, very clean especially the bathroom and seemed to be well insulated as we heard no noise what so ever. Staff was very efficient (except being able to explain the ever room on the odd side) and we will definitely stay here again when we come to this area. Good location, convenient to local attractions, shopping and restaurants. Checking the price here and other hotels in the area, this is definitely to the on to book your stay.

Room Tip: Room 412 or another like it, especially if you have kids as there is a sleeper sofa in the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasTraveler78641
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Texas Traveler78641,

Thanks for staying with us, and then thank you for taking the time to write your review, a very good review at that. We appreciate all of your compliments about the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster, your room, and our staff. And I will make sure to share them with our staff.
Now, I must first WARN you before I go any further that I to do not know why some of the rooms to not follow logical pattern of numbering either , but I'm sure that there must be an awesome reason for it. Tell you what, I will get the staff investigating the issue, heck, maybe we will even request some assistance from our neighbor - NASA; I know that they have some pretty smart people over there. If anything, and as you mentioned, we need to at least come up with a way to explain the sequential variance.
Finally, I am glad that you were so impressed with our hotel, that we will be seeing you again. Until then, pleasant travels.

Caledonia, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We thought the hotel was nice. There was an mildew odor in our room which does take away from the experience. I did think the staff was really great and very friendly. I'd rate the staff with a 5. It's unfortunate that the smell in our room took away from the stay because it was otherwise a well kept up hotel. One person who really stuck out was Hector. He was our server for breakfast all 4 days. He was not only kind but incredibly helpful and accommodating to us. We were running late so he quickly got us to go boxes so we could grab a muffin and coffee and rush out. I liked him very much. I'd give him a 5 PLUS star rating. Just a kind and nice gentleman.

Room Tip: Great free wifi. I was impressed with the speed for no additional charge. Very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Amybaileymiller,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am glad to read that you thought our hotel was nice and that you thought the staff was great and friendly. I will make sure to share your comments with them. However, I do apologize for falling short of our goal of providing you with a great guest room experience. I take your comments seriously and have since shared them with maintenance and housekeeping staff. As far as Hector, we are pleased to have him on our staff, and we thank you for recognizing him. As you mentioned, he is a very thoughtful and pleasant young man, and we are fortunate that he is on our team. Hopefully, you will consider us once again if you are ever in the Houston-Clear Lake area.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here in late June for a quick weekend getaway before our son is born. We had a late check in (10:30pm) which was very quick and efficient. The room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. We both need noise to sleep, and you could keep the fan on the A/C blowing contantly, so that was helpful. The only reason why I can't give the hotel a 5 star review (and it's not the hotel's fault) is that we had a noise problem the 2nd night. Between 9:30-11pm the people in the room above us sounded like they were stomping or running back and forth (much louder than normal walking). Around 10:15 we called the front desk and they must've called the people above us because it stopped for about 15-20 min. After that the noise started up again, but stopped right before we were going to call again. Then at 6:30 in the morning the people above us were noisy again - loud enough to wake us up. Besides the noise, I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel or service we received.

Hotel is about 5-10 minutes from NASA, 35 min from Galveston beaches, and 15 min from the Kemah Boardwalk - very convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Cameron C,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster. I am glad to read that you and your wife had a nice, comfortable stay here. Weekend nights during the summer can sometimes be our busiest nights and occasionally the gatherings in some rooms can get a little rambunctious. I am sorry that this happened while you were our guest, but appreciate the fact that you recognized that we tried to do our best. I am glad that you were not deterred by the actions of some. We look forward to hosting you and your wife again in the future, and thank you for staying with us.

Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and spacious but the bathroom was very small. The beds were comfortable but for someone short like myself they were a little too high off the floor. There was a bar and restaurant onsite. The bar was well equipped and offered very good French wines and was very generous with the portions. The restaurant was ok. The breakfast buffet was cold but offered eggs cooked to your choice except on the last morning I was there. The server seemed very overwhelmed and forgot to mention the eggs. I would stay there again because of the staff, the location, and the good wine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jma1234
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear jma1234,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and your observations. I am so glad to read that you liked the friendliness of our staff and found them helpful. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our bar, and in particular, the Le Versant Pinot Noir, which is one of my personal favorites too; it is a great value wine from France. However, I do want to apologize about your less than satisfactory experience in our restaurant. We take our guest comments seriously and your review will be used to make improvements in our offered products and services.

It is good to know that you would stay here again, so we hope to see you soon!