This is a review of the customer service experience only since we didn't stay there (not by choice). My in-laws are visiting us in Austin from VA and they wanted to see Johnson Space Center. I booked 2 rooms on Apr 11 for stay on Apr 25 and got my confirmation. We left Austin early on Apr 25 to make our way to Houston. Around 5 pm just outside Houston, I tried to checkin with the Hilton app on my phone. Since I never used this feature before, I didn't realize that it didn't work. Because it was rush hour and I didn't want to spend a lot of time sitting in traffic transiting from NW of Houston to the hotel, we decide to stop for dinner first. After a leisure meal, I tried to call the hotel to say we will be there shortly at 7:34 pm. The lady who answered the call told me that my reservation was cancelled becasue my credit card was declined at 6 pm and there is only one room left now! The credit card I had on file when I made the reservation on Apr 11 had been changed by Chase from a Visa to a Master Card since and I had updated it on my HIlton Honors account online. I asked why was I not contacted before the reservation and I was told that they called me repeatedly and left messages and sent me e-mail as well. Since I didn't get any call on my cell phone, I assumed they called our home number, but I also didn't get any voice mail notification (I get a text message when there is voicemail on the home phone). I asked why did they not call me on my cell phone since I am clearly traveling to the hotel and not at home, and she said they called the only number on my profile; but I do have both home and cell phone on my Hilton Honors account (with the home number as primary). And I ask how is e-mailing me make sense when I am on the road and she just apologized and repeated that there is only one room left now. She did say the Hampton Inn at Pasedena has rooms and offered to check for us. I declined the offer and used the Hilton app on my phone to book 2 rooms at the Hampton Inn in Texas City about 13 miles away.
When we got settled in Texas City, I checked my e-mail and I did received one e-mail from someone from Hilton at 6:54 pm asking me to call the hotel. And checking the home phone log showed missed calls from the hotel at 5:31 pm and 6:15 pm, but NO messages as I was told. My complaint is that the hotel obviously checked my Hilton Honors profile to call me at home, but never left any messages (as the lady told me) and never called my cell number that is also on my profile. The new credit card is also on my profile (which is why I could make the reservation at Texas City with the app after I found out that I lost my reservation at this property)! So this hotel obviously didn't make any effort to keep my reservation, and just wanted to give it to someone else. Since I am a Gold member, I expected better service than this and I really didn't appreciate the lack of effort on the hotel's part. The missed call at home at 5:31 pm was also curious as it was before the 6 pm deadline when my credit card would be charged (ie, before they found the old Visa card from the original reservation was declined). I believe they had a need for a room then and tried to see whether I need both rooms, then the declined card just gave them an excuse to cancel my reservation. I believe they could have checked my profile and use the updated Master Card to keep the reservation, or had they need my authorization, they could have called my cell phone. Calling my home phone and sending an e-mail when I am on the road just doesn't make sense!
Again, this is just a review of the lack of customer service from this hotel rather than the property itself. Since we never got to stay there, I can't review the room, the service there, breakfast, or anything else about the hotel itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area hotel is near Kemah Boardwalk, NASA Johnson Space Center Houston,Clear Lake, Pleasure Pier and Galveston Beach. Each hotel room has complimentary full hot breakfast, free WiFi,a clean and fresh Hampton bed, and hot coffee in the lobby at all times. We also have 24 hour business center and a Jump Start fitness center. Enjoy the Manager's Reception every Monday thru Wednesday evening. The hotel also has a beautiful outdoor pool with whirlpool when you just need to relax a bit. Over 1500 square feet of meeting space available to use as meeting/venue rooms. An amazing staff waiting to serve customer service excellence at all times. We love having you here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-Nasa Area Hotel Webster
- Hampton Inn Webster
- Webster Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area Webster, Big Bend National Park, TX