“Very friendly, quiet & good location”

Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Aurora
“Very friendly, quiet & good location”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our family stays here because it's located within a decent drive of Galveston, Houston and surrounding areas. Great restaurants in the vicinity, and ate at the Brazilian steakhouse right down the street - wonderful, but $$$. Greeted by a very friendly receptionist; small but relaxing pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ray H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
On behalf of our Hampton Inn & Suites Clear Lake family we want to say thank you. We know that your time is very valuable and we truly appreciate that you took a moment to share your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and your satisfaction our top priority.

It has been a pleasure serving you and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It is always a joy for us to receive such positive response from our guest. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you were properly welcomed on your arrival. Your comments were shared with our team and it sure gave us a moment of rejoicing knowing that our mission was accomplished.

We are taking this occasion to encourage you to continue being part of our family. We will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have placed in us, and we will be more than honored to be your host again in a future visit to Houston, Clear Lake NASA Area.

Ray Hite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Beaumont, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very nice Hotel. It is Clean and has all of the typical Hampton Inn conveniences. We like to stay in this area (Webster) because it is convenient to Shopping, Restaurants etc.. It is a short-hop to Houston, Galveston, Clear Lake, Kemah etc., and the roads are very good. You can go down HWY 3 or 45 from there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Robert S

It has been a pleasure serving you and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It is always a joy for us to receive such positive response from our guest. I was glad to see that my team executed well. Your comments were shared with our team and it sure gave us a moment of rejoicing knowing that our mission was accomplished.

Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Conveniently located near I-45 between Galveston and Houston. Seemed like a safe area. Friendly staff...plenty of parking. Room and bathroom spotless, furnishings new, comfortable bedding. Air conditioner worked well, television had several channels. Pool / hot tub on property both inviting. Breakfast was good as well. Several restaurants nearby within walking distance. Overall a great experience and we will return if in the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Paul S

It has been a pleasure serving you and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It is always a joy for us to receive such positive response from our guest. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our team executed well. Your comments were shared with our team and it sure gave us a moment of rejoicing knowing that our mission was accomplished.

New Braunfels, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great location, great staff. Requires a few improvements on handicap accessibility to light switches and additional outlets for electronic technology. Close to both NASA and Kemah Boardwalk. Many eateries within walking distance and accessible to other amenities within a 2-mile radius.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It has been a pleasure serving you and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It is always a joy for us to receive such positive response from our guest. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments were shared with our team and it sure gave us a moment of rejoicing knowing that our mission was accomplished.

Feel free to call me to discuss the details on needs for imporvement with ADA accessiblity in the rooms. I can be reached at 281.332.7952.

Friendswood, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Besides the issues stated in the title of this review the hotel was very clean, quiet, and updated with the exception of the TV. The room I was initially assigned to had a non-functional A/C however the front desk promptly assigned me to a similar room with a functional A/C. I was dissappointed that the room couldn't go cooler than 66.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf of the Hampton Inn & Suites Clear Lake family I want to say thank you. We know that your time is very valuable and we truly esteem that you took a moment to share your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and your satisfaction our top priority.

We take our guest's comfort very seriously. Despite having a highly qualified team, and a track record of excellent service we proudly maintain; we deeply regret not having met the standards you deserve. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the air conditioning unit not properly cooling in the first room.

Our 100% guarantee epitomizes the pride we take in our brand. We'll do whatever it takes to make our guests feel welcome, relaxed, and completely comfortable. We proudly stand by it, and we do not expect you to pay, if you are not completely satisfied.

Even so, we would like to take this occasion to encourage you to continue being part of our family. We will be more than honored to be your host again. You have my word that we will do everything in our power not to disappoint you the next time. Feel free to reach me at 281.332.7952.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Other than the bouncy bed very good , we enjoyed out stay at the hotel , breakfast was good, your employees were excellent , and the location relative to our destination was great. We enjoyed our stay in Kema , Texas and great things do to and great place to eat. Thank for your service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It has been a pleasure serving you and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It is always a joy for us to receive such positive response from our guest. I was glad to hear that our team did an excellent job in their execution. Your comments were shared with our team and it sure gave us a moment of rejoicing knowing that our mission was accomplished.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a review of the customer service experience only since we didn't stay there (not by choice). My in-laws are visiting us in Austin from VA and they wanted to see Johnson Space Center. I booked 2 rooms on Apr 11 for stay on Apr 25 and got my confirmation. We left Austin early on Apr 25 to make our way to Houston. Around 5 pm just outside Houston, I tried to checkin with the Hilton app on my phone. Since I never used this feature before, I didn't realize that it didn't work. Because it was rush hour and I didn't want to spend a lot of time sitting in traffic transiting from NW of Houston to the hotel, we decide to stop for dinner first. After a leisure meal, I tried to call the hotel to say we will be there shortly at 7:34 pm. The lady who answered the call told me that my reservation was cancelled becasue my credit card was declined at 6 pm and there is only one room left now! The credit card I had on file when I made the reservation on Apr 11 had been changed by Chase from a Visa to a Master Card since and I had updated it on my HIlton Honors account online. I asked why was I not contacted before the reservation and I was told that they called me repeatedly and left messages and sent me e-mail as well. Since I didn't get any call on my cell phone, I assumed they called our home number, but I also didn't get any voice mail notification (I get a text message when there is voicemail on the home phone). I asked why did they not call me on my cell phone since I am clearly traveling to the hotel and not at home, and she said they called the only number on my profile; but I do have both home and cell phone on my Hilton Honors account (with the home number as primary). And I ask how is e-mailing me make sense when I am on the road and she just apologized and repeated that there is only one room left now. She did say the Hampton Inn at Pasedena has rooms and offered to check for us. I declined the offer and used the Hilton app on my phone to book 2 rooms at the Hampton Inn in Texas City about 13 miles away.

When we got settled in Texas City, I checked my e-mail and I did received one e-mail from someone from Hilton at 6:54 pm asking me to call the hotel. And checking the home phone log showed missed calls from the hotel at 5:31 pm and 6:15 pm, but NO messages as I was told. My complaint is that the hotel obviously checked my Hilton Honors profile to call me at home, but never left any messages (as the lady told me) and never called my cell number that is also on my profile. The new credit card is also on my profile (which is why I could make the reservation at Texas City with the app after I found out that I lost my reservation at this property)! So this hotel obviously didn't make any effort to keep my reservation, and just wanted to give it to someone else. Since I am a Gold member, I expected better service than this and I really didn't appreciate the lack of effort on the hotel's part. The missed call at home at 5:31 pm was also curious as it was before the 6 pm deadline when my credit card would be charged (ie, before they found the old Visa card from the original reservation was declined). I believe they had a need for a room then and tried to see whether I need both rooms, then the declined card just gave them an excuse to cancel my reservation. I believe they could have checked my profile and use the updated Master Card to keep the reservation, or had they need my authorization, they could have called my cell phone. Calling my home phone and sending an e-mail when I am on the road just doesn't make sense!

Again, this is just a review of the lack of customer service from this hotel rather than the property itself. Since we never got to stay there, I can't review the room, the service there, breakfast, or anything else about the hotel itself.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

We take our guest's comfort very seriously. Despite having a highly qualified team, and a track record of excellent service we proudly maintain; we deeply regret not having met the standards you deserve. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the unwelcome experience you went through during your stay at our property.

Ray Hite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area? Share your experiences!