“Great location with excellent management and staff!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston / Clear Lake - NASA
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Richardson, Texas
“Great location with excellent management and staff!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Checking in was speedy, we made reservations. Our initial room was on the second floor. Immediately we were disturbed with what seemed to be running, in the room above. Called front desk to report and the fact that the free Wi-Fi was not working. Was told that it would be taken care of. Approximately 30 minutes later the noise was even louder. Called the front desk again and was informed that the people in that room had been notified but would notify them again. No surprise. The noise continued. My husband went to front desk and a very nice young lady named Lisa came to our rescue. She switched our room to the third floor which meant there was no one above us. She went even further. There were not any trollies available so she brought, to our room, a large laundry carrier. Actually, it was much better than the trolley.. She did it with a beautiful smile. The Wi-Fi worked perfectly in the second room. That's what I call excellent customer service. The room was average, bed comfortable and clean. I really pay close attention to sheets, towels and shower curtains. Parking was horrible, the first night because we got back to hotel late. We had to park on the opposite side of some bushes which were directly in front of hotel. Manager, Amit, was nice and apologetic. Management and staff were excellent. The hotel is located in an excellent location which gives you access to restaurants, shopping and almost everything that you would enjoy. I would recommend this hotel and will return if in the area.

Room Tip: If you're looking for peace and quite, stay on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Titilayo_Oluwa1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Joshua, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Let me start this review by saying that we are a big fans of La Quinta properties. We have stayed in many and rarely find any thing but top notch accommodations. While the Webster La Quinta had not major issues, we did not feel it was up to the chain's normal quality. The bath was not a clean as we normally find - dirt or maybe mold along baseboards and an accumulation of dust and lint on the exhaust fan cover. We did not eat breakfast until about 8:20 Monday morning - I took the next to last piece of sausage and never saw any indication that more would be put out. Some of the other items were also running low and the breakfast serving area was still scheduled for another 30 minutes. My guess is late arrival means fewer choices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Elgin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Houston/Galveston weekend getaway with the family, this is a perfect location for a hotel. Breakfast/ Room were great, the indoor pool was great! There was soo much to do around the hotel many things walking distance. Great experience.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms were perfect for us.
1 Thank sandy1297
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a great stay here. From front desk (Elissa) who checked us in was very helpful and courteous to I believe they were the owners (Amit, Anika or antika) very helpful and accommodating. My only complaint is that the sofa bed is so uncomfortable that I had to get the sofa cushions along with a couple of chair cushions and make it as a mattress on the floor for my kid to sleep on. They really need to change those sofa beds, other than that everything was great and there was plenty of breakfast items to choose from and available.

1 Thank whoop990
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was nice, the hotel staff was sub-par for hospitality. The beds were comfortable, I liked the fact that they had upgraded TV's with actual directv functions, the WIFI was shoty to say the least. The alarm clock did not work, and had no replacement. The breakfast was very basic and not great, warm juice, blan food and basically just biscuits, sausage and fake eggs. They did have waffles but that only goes so far. The pastry selection was not great. They were painting and strong paint odor throughout the first floor of paint. The surrounding area is nice, lots of places to eat and shop, there is a Waffle House less then 5 min away and was very good. It's only minutes from NASA and only about 20 mins from Galveston/Kemah.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Manor
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We selected this hotel because of it's location. I wanted something in between Galveston and Houston. This was a great place to stay. It was clean, the building was not too old, the staff was friendly and an indoor pool was great.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Antonio P
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I drove down for a last minute weekend getaway.

I booked for the King Junior Suite w/Queen Sleeper Sofa just in case our son wanted to go too. Now I got this particular room because the website lists that there is a Separate Area w/Sleeper Sofa. I'm thinking cool because if my hubby and I want so adult time out son is in a separated area. Wrong!!!

We got there, and the parking in front of the hotel is very limited which forces you to park behind the building. Even though you can only access inside from the rear parking lit with a room key, I still don't like being in the back of the building.

The room was not technically a suite but a larger room that had an oversized seating area that the sleeper sofa was placed. I'm so glad my son opted out this trip because we would have had no adult time the whole trip. If you bring kids and want adult time, just invest in separate rooms.

The room overall was nice and clean once I got over the disappointment of "the suite" we paid for. The linens were fresh and clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Huge King!!! My hubby is 6'2" and I'm 5'6", so we had plenty of room to stretch out in the bed without kicking each other I'm our sleep.

I like the shower head with the spray option. It was a little hard to pull and push the nozzle that did control the water flow from tub to shower. My hubby had to help me with the shower (guess I was too weak or just didn't want to break it).

The staff was nice, fast, and friendly. My hubby took advantage if the breakfast since he's an early riser ( I sleep in on vacations, momma needs a break, right?!). He said the selection was good, typical cereals, yogurts, waffles, fruit, etc.

Since we did arrive late, most eateries close at 1am in the area. Taco Cabana is the only 24hr spot unless you want Denny's.

Overall, pleasant stay and we'll book here again. Sorry I forgot photos this trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple