“Another Nice Stay”

Comfort Suites Webster
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We just stayed here for the 3rd time and it was a good stay again. We have family in the Clear Lake area and we find that this hotel is in a good location, it's clean, has a good breakfast, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms. We will continue to stay here and recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Webster

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel was clean, breakfast okay, very busy when we were there and understaffed -- often had to wait at the front desk, only one employee working. The front desk was very nice and helpful. My problem was really that I accidentally left an item behind. I realized it several hours after we left, so I called and requested that it be mailed to my home address and was told that it would be. Two weeks later when I made it home and the item had not, I called and requested it be mailed to me. After a couple of phone calls it was properly identified and I was told once again that it would be mailed to me -- which it still hasn't. I called again today...at this point a little irritated and requested to speak to the manager, which he wouldn't do at first. This time the employee requested to charge the shipping charges to my card and when I said no, I thought at this time it should be done as a courtesy the manager finally got on the phone. He was brusk, unapologetic for never sending the item or calling me back ('it was not his fault he never got the message') and said he would definitely not pay the shipping charges for the item (and I don't trust him to charge me fairly to ship the item). I told him I would complain to Choice and he accused me of threatening him and hung up on me. When speaking with Choice hotels I learned that their recommendation is to never allow a hotel to charge you for shipping an item, but to arrange pick-up for it yourself through a shipping company. As long as you don't actually need to speak to the staff you might have an excellent experience at this hotel -- but I frankly would not recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank booglesC
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the first two nights of our holiday to Texas because of it was close to NASA Space Centre. Booking in was easy, the room was clean and the breakfast was good. The staff were friendly and helpful especially Carlos who thought we were mad to walk from there to the space centre. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed here May 31st and the room was a king suite. Easy check in and out. I turned the wall air conditioning to 60 degrees because the air in Webster is so muggy. Nicely appointed room. 32 inch TV flat screen. Average furniture. Study desk. Free WiFi. No room service. Lots of places to order in. 2 blocks to local hospital Clear Lake Regional. Jason's Deli nearby. Room has 4 pillows to bed. Lots of closet space. Mini fridge and microwave. Coffeemaker. Bathroom is clean and toilet is gravity flush. Countertops are simulated granite. Desk has many chips, cookies and sundries you can buy. Full breakfast with eggs, sausage, cereal, coffee, toast, muffins, waffles, yogurt, orange juice, milk, and oatmeal. Room is sort of small. Couch that folds out as a sleeper. Coffee table. Plenty of drawer space for clothing and full sized iron and ironing board. Shower has 6 settings and plenty of hot water. Tub and sink are white as is toilet. Toiletries are shampoo and hand lotion. No extra noise heard outside or between rooms. Parking is adequate. No security guard. Office buildings across the street. Porters for wheeling luggage in and no valet. Large dining area with TV. Large lobby. Indoor pool. Business room with two screens and a printer. Exercise room with treadmills. A business class place. Two phones in the room one at the desk and one at the bed. Elevators. 4 floors. Nothing fancy. A solid 4 star experience. They handle a lot of groups in the summer so it could get crowded since NASA is just down the street a mile or so.
Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are across the street. Mall is across the freeway.

Room Tip: Car is a necessity. Stay downstairs if you want a poolside location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jthutmd
CmfrtSuits-WebsterTX, General Manager at Comfort Suites Webster, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thx for your kind comments. Please give us opportunity in future!!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Although the hotel was full, there were always enough parking spaces available. Also, there was a party going on - we saw beer and big loudspeakers being brought in and feared the worst, but either it was a very quiet party or the soundproofing is excellent, because we didn't hear a thing.

The only issue we had was with the door lock. We had to swipe the keycard at least a dozen times to unlock the door. We'd received new cards from the front desk, but the problem was with the lock mechanism, not the cards. Since we were only there for 2 nights, it didn't bother us that much.

The rooms are large (hence the 'Suites' in the hotel name) and have a seating area. However, because the TV is halfway between the bed(s) and the seating area, you're always looking at an angle. The beds are comfortable, but you'll almost need a small step ladder to get into them, as the mattress is 3 feet high.

This hotel is close to NASA (which is why we chose it). Several restaurants 2 blocks away, a shopping mall is half a mile away and Wal-mart at about a mile. Wifi was not very fast, at least in our room at the end of the hall, but there was a LAN cable with decent speed on the desk in the room.

Room Tip: Wifi reception is weak at the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JPKraus
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We really felt very much at home at the Comfort Suites Webster, Texas. ALL of the staff are very helpful, kind and professional at all times. They are very quick to greet you every time you arrive in the lobby and ask if we needed anything. The morning breakfast is very filling and delicious. Something for everyone. The hotel is very clean at all times. The pool is perfect and the hot tub very relaxing after using the fitness room. Nice location near the Webster Town Park -great for young toddlers to play at - just 1/2 block away. Adults can enjoy the walking path also. The linens are like new and the king size bed is very comfortable along with the pillows provided. We will defnintely stay here again when we return to the area. Highly recommended by someone - me - who is very picky and sometimes hard to please!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here one night before a cruise. I was a little concerned we we drove up and there were no cars in the parking lot at 4PM on a Saturday.
Tonya checked us in and assured us there would me more people there but it was a slow night. We had 2 rooms next door to each other as requested. The rooms are larger than average and were clean and had everything we needed.
We were looking for a good Mexican restaurant and Marshawn (I think that was her name) at the front desk recommended Los Ramirez so we ate there. I think our dinners were under $6 each and the food and service was excellent.
Breakfast was good and plentiful. The breakfast area was never crowded and the food was always replenished with out having to ask for it. Good make your own waffles and sausage and gravy.
We have stayed in Webster before but had never seen this hotel. We will stay here again when cruising from Galveston.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends