We stayed here for 5 days in January. We were pleased to find that the location is very pleasant, extremely quiet, and yet only 15 minutes drive from Houston. More importantly, it is only 5 minutes from the Houston Space Center, 20 mins from the Kemah Boardwalk and 30 mins from the Galvaston gulf coast. It is also surrounded by numerous nature reserves which we enjoyed visiting.
There was plenty of free parking at the hotel. The free WiFi worked well in all areas.
The reception staff were all extremely helpful, particularly advising on local restaurants, (all in walking distance) and also advising on places to visit.
My room was perfect, everything was clean, comfortable and spacious. I had no problems getting a good nights sleep. The decor was in good condition and the motel appeared to be well maintained throughout.
I took advantage of the breakfast each day and was pleasantly surprised. There was a choice of coffees, a choice of of fruit juices, choice of cereals. The hot meals were very similar each day and consisted of the Southern speciality of biscuits and gravy with either a sausage, burger or other meat and scrambled eggs. Obviously this is a motel, so the quality is not restaurant standard, but it was still an enjoyable and satisfying start to each day. There was also a waffle maker, which we did try and found to be fine, if you like waffles. Breakfast also included toast with jams or cheeses, fresh fruit, and a choice of Danish pastries. We certainly did not go hungry.
However, breakfast was the source of my only complaint. Like all motels we looked at there is only cardboard plates and plastic cutlery.this really reduces the quality and is far from environmentally friendly. I look forward to one motel chain upping the standards to real crockery and cutlery and a dishwasher.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites is an interior corridor all Suites Hotel for business and leisure travelers - Each suite is specious with sitting area and a sleeper sofa, Flat Screen TV, Microwave, Fridge & Coffee Maker. Free Wi-Fi in entire Hotel. Enjoy our complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet. You will love our Indoor Pool / Jacuzzi, Fitness Center and Business Center. Hotel has 1,900 sq. ft. meeting space big enough for 125 people - Ideal for business or family gatherings. Hotel is surrounded by several restaurants & Bars, Shopping, Entertainment in walking distance.The Great Clear Lake Area that is known as the best place to play, dine & stay in Houston Metro. We are within few miles of following attractions:NASA Johnson Space Center, Kemah Boardwalk and Clear Lake Recreation Area. Situated in between Galveston island & Houston - You can enjoy best of both. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Webster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Webster Hotel Webster
- Webster Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Webster Big Bend National Park, TX