“Nice stay”

Comfort Suites Webster
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Webster
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel is very close to the Houston Space Center. The rooms are large with desk, sitting area, fridge, microwave and a comfortable bed. Bathroom has "Standard size". Internet is fast enough for checking emails. The breakfast area is nice, the food selection has no high lights and is OK for a short breakfast. There is enough room for the cars in front of the hotel. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThisTraveller99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family of 5 (including 3 children 19 months-7 years) stayed here 3 nights. I was able to get us checked in early (sympathy from the front desk for traveling with children, I'm sure) and my first impression of the lobby was that it was a nice, updated and clean hotel. When we got to our floor, the carpet was visibly dirty and it made it especially gross that I saw housekeeping dropping off clean linens just outside every door (on the dirty carpet). Our room seemed very clean and that was the most important thing to me, but knowing our towels/sheets had been on the dirty hall carpet was gross.
The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. I didn't get a chance to use the hot tub, but the pool is not heated and it was cold! Usable, but pretty chilly. The breakfast wasn't bad. Pretty standard hotel breakfast fare--nothing spectacular, but most choices were decent (though I'd skip the biscuits and gravy). One washer and one dryer were out of order during our stay, so we had to wait to use the laundry facilities (because that left only one working washer and one working dryer). The staff seemed okay...most of them weren't overly friendly, but none were outright rude.

Room Tip: Laundry is on the 2nd floor; pool and fitness center are on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank poktj
Kansas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family of five stayed three nights over Memorial Day weekend. We chose this hotel based on price, good reviews, and availability of suites large enough for all of us.

First impression was great. The lobby is spacious and welcoming. The woman who checked us in was friendly, and let us check in 2-3 hours before the 3:00 check-in time. This was much appreciated after a morning of air travel with young children.

The room was fine and seemed clean. The beds were soft and we all slept as well as we do at home. The room had a multi-port hub with USB inputs for charging electronics, which was convenient. The bathroom layout was a little tight, with the bathroom door swinging open to block access to the bathtub, which made it difficult to bathe young children. The room was showing signs of wear, with some peeling paint on the ceiling and some of the caulk separating from the joints. Overall, I had no problems with having my family stay in the room.

There are some things about this hotel that need attention. The carpets in the halls and especially in the breakfast area are heavily stained and need replaced. I was a little disgusted as I checked out and noticed that the housekeeping staff would stack the “clean” linens on the gross floor outside of the room that they were about to clean.

The breakfast was good but nothing special. It was exactly what I expected from this class of hotel and we ate to satisfaction each morning. Breakfast seating was adequate, but included a couple of leather couches, which over the years had been spilled on and were stained and gross looking. The carpet in front of them was especially nasty and could have passed for a Jackson Pollock work.

The location was good. It was in a decent area and was close to NASA. It was also close to the freeway, so it was about 35 minutes south to Galveston. The one blemish about the location was that it was next to a run-down skating rink, and the clientele that comes with it. There was a Wal Mart and other stores within a few minutes for any necessities you needed to buy.

The pool was a little chilly, but I don’t think there was any problem with it. It’s just not heated. Fortunately, other reviewers prepared me for it. On the other hand, the hot tub seemed like liquid hot magma.

I don’t have a lot of great things to say about the service. There was a man (Raj?) walking around when we checked in and he seemed to be keeping a watchful eye on things. We didn’t see him after the first day, and service seemed relaxed after that. One night I went to the front desk to ask for some quarters for the laundry. I asked how much it cost for the machines, and the girl working said she was the wrong person to ask about that. I wasn’t sure if she wanted me to track down another employee, or start knocking on doors and asking other guests if they could help. A simple “I’m sorry, but I’m not sure” would have been less unimpressive. When I got to the laundry room, I found that one of the two washers and one of the two dryers were out of order and appeared to have been so for a while. As with almost every other time I went to the front desk, I felt like I was intruding on whatever important thing they were doing on their smart phones.

Also of note, on Friday afternoon some family put a dirty diaper in the trash can on the second floor stairway. By Monday, the trash had not yet crested the top of the can, which must be why it had not yet been dumped. The smell was getting worse by the day. I hope for other guests’ sakes that it has been dumped by now. (Spoiler alert: It was my family and that’s how I know how long it was there. Sorry, we thought the trash would be dumped more often)

Overall, it wasn’t a terrible stay, but reading over this review I am disturbed by the frequency of the words “gross” ,“disgusted”, and “nasty”. I think this hotel just needs a cosmetic refresh and some hospitality training for the otherwise nice staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HikeLover
CmfrtSuits-WebsterTX, Manager at Comfort Suites Webster, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Hikelover,

Thanks for your through and well balanced review.

Hotel was short on housekeeping, Hotel had some housekeeping staff under training. I have shared your review with all front desk and housekeeping staff, advised them to be through and follow the cleaning and customer service procedure set forth by the Hotel.

Hotel went through extensive refresh program in all rooms last year. In coming couple of months, common area carpets and furniture would be replace too.

I am glad that you other than few cosmetic issues, you found rooms and its amenities satisfactory. You are right, we are very conveniently located in a very lively decent area full of restaurants, Mall, Movie Theater and Bowling. Attractions like NASA and Kemah Board walk are within few miles from the Hotel.

We always learn something new from customer comments, fix our mistakes and make ourselves better hotel. Please give us one more chance.

Regards,

RK - General Manager
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My friends & I stayed there for a few days to get away from everyday life.. at first everything was great (we got a hot tub room) & the room was clean the bed comfy but soon as check out time came the phone started ringing off the hook.. I ended up having a seizure in the bed & accidently peed in it & they charged my credit card $100 just for having an accident.. so I'd say great on everything else BUT sympathy for another human being..!! Definitely won't be staying another 3 nights there!! I'll find another hotel that has an indoor pool & hot tub & also the fitness center does not stay open all night... they close it down same time as they close the pool @ 10pm!! What a crock!! Please spend your $$ somewhere else!! Like the Hiltons across the street which has all the same things indoor hot tub & HEATED POOL! ! Unlike this hotel the pool is cold as h*ll.. thanks but no thanks :) xoxo hope I helped u pick your hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank HeavenLee713
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to visit the Space Center. The property had some visible wear and tear, but our bed was newer and very comfortable. The breakfast was mediocre at best. Lots of chain food options around, so very easy with a family. Just a short drive to NASA, too.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CindyJV
CmfrtSuits-WebsterTX, Manager at Comfort Suites Webster, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello CindyJV,

Thanks for staying with us. I really appreciate your feedback.

Hotel went through extensive refresh program in all Guest Rooms, Pool area and Fitness center. We are still working on our upgrade program with other areas without any inconvenience to our guest.

Our breakfast is complimentary; Menu is set by Franchise comparable to other similar limited service hotels. I am glad you could find lots of choices.

Please give us another opportunity.

Regards,

RK
West Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights prior to a cruise out of Galveston. While nothing was seriously "wrong", there were quite a few "and this hotel gets great reviews?!?" Had to ask for bedding for the pullout sofa when there were 4 booked in a King Suite, door handle fell off at the pool room, towels in the pool were not replenished on a Saturday night, the stairways obviously very rarely are cleaned and weirdly, in the bathroom they used no less than 4 caulk colors. For the price it was fine, breakfast was good, but don't think you are going to be 'wowed'.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank BlondeValor
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We spend two days in this hotel. The location was very convenient to us because we visited NASA Space Center witch is very close to this hotel. Rooms are pretty large and even have separate sitting area. Breakfast was good enough and stuff was great. If location of hotel is ok for you definitely don’t hesitate to book this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends