“Nice place”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Highlands, New Jersey
“Nice place”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was very nice and chic. The staff was helpful and pleasant. When our air conditioner went out, the manager moved us across the hall. They were very apologetic and helpful and even tried to fix the problem while we were out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Veronica M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rooms were nice but over priced. Staff is friendly and helpful unforantely they have a new manager KASH who is exteremely rude and unfriendly. Dont give them your money if you may need a refund as you will go thru hell and still not get it. LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER!!!!

Room Tip: Find another!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank C M
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was able to book with CLC at almost half the price... The hotel itself is great! Looks like it has been remodeled and has comparable decor to a Best Western Plus. Rooms are on the smaller side but still feel very comfortable and at home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I would recommended using hypo allergenic fragrance free laundry detergent because my wife had a reaction to the bed sheets and blankets and broke out in hives and body rashes. Our stay wasn't bad bet could have been better. The doors to the room are not very sound proof and could hear everything and anything coming from the hallways. We did like the recent renovations to the hotel and looked fancy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My son and I stayed four nights in March during spring break and we had no major issues at all. Only issue was the wi fi was not working the first two days but the hotel was aware of it and was trying to get in resolved.

We arrived on a Sunday evening and check in was quick. I wish I remember the name of the woman who checked us in because she was very friendly and helpful. The hotel doesn't look like much on the outside and at first I thought I had made a mistake in choosing to stay here but once we checked in and got to our room I didn't have a problem with it anymore.

Our room was recently remodeled and updated. Comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, updated linens, carpets, curtains. Everything seemed new. Furniture was modern and clean. Room was immaculate. I always check linens, furniture, corners of rooms, closets, showers and toilets.....everything was clean and in working order. My only complaint was the bathroom. Very, very small and the shower in our room had low water pressure. Sink and vanity were outside the bathroom. Housekeeping did an ok job cleaning; however there seemed to be an issue with towel replenishment even though I left all the dirty towels in the tub, they were not picked up two days in a row. Had to go to the front desk for clean towels. Our room was in the second building, the first room on the right, near the exit door to the parking lot. I thought it would be noisy but it wasnt't and it was convenient to leave for the day.

Breakfast area was very small and crowded and no where big enough for everyone trying to eat breakfast. We only breakfast one morning and went out the other mornings because there was no where to sit and no food left either. Food was not being replenished for some reason. The one morning we did eat there, we took it back to our room.

The hotel is an excellent location for shopping, eating and attractions. Tons of restaurants on Bay Area Blvd, a mall about two min away and more restaurants near the mall and on the service road.

We were able to get to NASA in about 12 min by taking the surface streets from the hotel. You do not need to get back on the interstate to reach NASA. Galveston Beaches are about 30 min away and downtown Houston about 45 min, Kemah Boardwalk was about 20 min.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ethansmom06
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is really a nice little hotel with very friendly staff. However, there were a couple of problems:
Problems: When we checked in there was work going on with the hotel cameras and workers were in the hallways, climbing through holes in the ceiling, and the ladders in the hallways (blocking the paths) were very inconvenient. There was debris from the ceiling in the middle of the hallways that stayed there all day until a maid removed it. Also, there was lots of shouting from the workers calling down to the other workers (speaking a foreign language) I assume about the work going on. This was annoying considering most people check into a hotel for some level of relaxation. Also, I could tell the hotel was newly remodeled but there were still some telltale signs that it needed updating (patches in walls, etc.)
The big turnoff for me was during our second night when we arrived back at the hotel to discover our room had not been cleaned. It was 4th of July & I called the manager who was on duty. He explained that since my "do not disturb" sign was left on my door too long the maids weren't sure if I wanted the room cleaned & they are not allowed to knock. Unfortunately there were not any maids available as it was pretty late in the evening. So...coming back to a noisy dirty room was the opposite of pleasant for me. I probably would have felt a little better if I would have received some sort of deduction or other good faith gesture. But, well I guess it wasn't deemed necessary by management.
On the plus side: There is a really good tex-mex restaurant and like I mentioned before the staff was very friendly & helpful (well, except when I wanted my room cleaned).
Overall I probably wouldn't stay here again only because I felt the cleaning problem wasn't handled correctly. It's really a shame because it's in a fairly decent location & close to Space center and Kemah which are major attractions. Really a shame, this could have been a great
review...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ladijgal
Coppell, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Remodeled with tastefully updated decor. Free breakfast and free wireless internet. Great location, Close to I-45, Houston Space Center, Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Beach, USS Texas Battleship and San Jacinto Monument, mall and many others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Janita M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#8 of 16 in Webster
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area

Been to Best Western Webster Hotel, NASA? Share your experiences!