“March 2013-Texas”

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We had a family reunion in March 2013 in Texas and we stayed at the Westlake Marriott. We had 10 to 15 rooms, over 20 people, rowdy, noise and happy group. The hotel received us well considering we were a huge group. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The front desk staff was cordial and helpful and always pleasant.

The restaurant and the bar area both were very nice, the food was great and overall we all had a great time staying at this very nice hotel. The pool looked very inviting but it was a bit cold for that so I was happy just looking at it from a distance. The building is modern with bright colors and very comfortable furnishings in the lobby area. I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and this was my 2nd time there and I will go back again.

Room Tip: 6th floor was lovely with its own sitting and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel is about a 15 minute shuttle ride from the airport. The staff is friendly and quick with getting you checked in. The bed was super comfortable with lots of pillows. I recommend that you get a room with a balcony if it's summer, because of the beautiful sunsets. The pool is small but a L shape with a waterfall, which makes it peaceful and enjoyable. Not many kids stay here thus no screaming and running around. The only draw back is the toilet is very low to the ground and very little area to place your things in the bathroom. The shuttle will take to the shopping center/movies/food stop and pick you back up.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Josh W
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several time while visiting the area for work. The check-in is super easy. Just give them your name and off you go. It literally takes less than a min. Rooms very clean and comfy. They have a great lounge for breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Only wished it stayed open longer on Friday. Went back to the 6th floor hoping to grab a few bottles of water and fruit to take back to the room since I was staying over the weekend, but it closed at 1230 pm. I have never visited the pool but it looks inviting. There are few stores and restaurants within walking distance. Plus there if free parking.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

From the moment, we arrived, well, actually from the time I called to re-confirm our reservation I was treated with awesome service from the staff at this hotel. They were more than happy to put all 3 of the rooms I reserved close together. The desk staff were so friendly and helpful. We were greeted by name on the phone and by room service. They truly were happy to have us here and showed interest in why we were traveling in the area.
I chose this hotel because it was just minutes from family we were visiting. I traveled with my dear husband and my son and daughter, their spouses and children. The room was exceptionally decorated, furnished and clean. I loved the Bath and Body works toiletries. THere was a fridge in the room. Extra towels were delivered quickly. We ordered room service for breakfast and were very pleased with the freshness of the fruit and delicious food.

I will definitely stay here again when in the area. Very close to Southlake shopping. Great stay for a great price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I always look forward to staying at this hotel. The rooms are superb. I say this because; outlets are accessible and convenient, the bed are soo..comfy, there is a mini fridge, the gym is excellent. The resturant is also tasty. If looking for something light there is a Starbucks in the hotel. Plus, the shuttle will take you to SouthLake mall if you ask.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that face the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christie K
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stated at this hotel because it was close to a family gathering. I got lost getting there, the highway signs were a little confusing but once I was there i was pleasantly surprised. Architecturally it is beautiful. Lovely design by a well known architect from Mexico. It was lovely anda nice departure from he chain hotel feeling . The grounds are beautiful, they have a great little bar and restaurant along with a fabulous fitness center. The rooms are nice and well appointed.
We enjoyed the buffet in the dining room in the mornings.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room. Our room was much larger than my cousins
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Akhaustin
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for annual meeting. Room are very tidy, big enough for 2 person. Bathroom is very clean. Too bad there is no safety box in the room. Free airport shuttle is excellent, they even bring you to the nearest shopping mall. Breakfast and lunch in the meeting room was great. Hotel staff are very friendly. The housekeeper even left a note on my bed with her handwriting "have a good day" :)
Location is the only weakness point, however it's no problem if you come by car. They sent me email the feedback from the survey I filled in. I have a pleasant time for my business trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Hilton Dallas/Southlake Town Square
Cambria Southlake DFW North
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Trophy Club Fort Worth North
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana? Share your experiences!